northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA Winter 11-12 cont'd

MAG5035

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM/GFS are both anticipating 2 to 3" at KMDT now, totals are rising as storm progresses. No complaints here, just hope it pans out.

On one of the radar sites I use, DaculaWeather, the precip shield appears to be moving northeast as opposed to east or even southeast. I don't know if that will hold throughout the event, but if it does, could we see more accumulations farther north and east?

On one of the radar sites I use, DaculaWeather, the precip shield appears to be moving northeast as opposed to east or even southeast. I don't know if that will hold throughout the event, but if it does, could we see more accumulations farther north and east?

It kind of sucks that I live where I live. It seems as though I'm too far east for the bulk of the posters in this forum, and too far north and west of the bulk of the posters in the Philly forum. As a consequence, I don't get many responses when I make posts be it questions or observations in either forum.

It kind of sucks that I live where I live. It seems as though I'm too far east for the bulk of the posters in this forum, and too far north and west of the bulk of the posters in the Philly forum. As a consequence, I don't get many responses when I make posts be it questions or observations in either forum.

Sorry, man. BTW, not a "pity reply" but what's the "Daculaweather" site you are talking about - link?

I like that nice area of heavier stuff to our south.

Yeah. Always nice to see an overperformer, even if it's nothing major. Up until this morning I was really only expecting an inch or so. Temps around 30, so even with some insolation it's accumulating nicely on non-paved surfaces. Maybe if we can get the heavier stuff up this way we will see some snow sticking on sidewalks and untreated roads.

Sorry, man. BTW, not a "pity reply" but what's the "Daculaweather" site you are talking about - link?

http://www.daculawea...ntic_master.php

A composite of 11 different radar sites up and down the east coast. I think they are NWS radars. And for the record, it's not a complaint post as much as a frustration post. I seem to be geographically isolated here. Beyond this board, it's like living in no-mans-land here.

http://www.daculawea...ntic_master.php

A composite of 11 different radar sites up and down the east coast. I think they are NWS radars. And for the record, it's not a complaint post as much as a frustration post. I seem to be geographically isolated here. Beyond this board, it's like living in no-mans-land here.

I can understand. Back in the early days of WWBB when I lived in Pittsburgh, and the early days of Eastern when I lived here, I was more or less it for posters from my area. I felt like I was outside the I-95 club looking in.

Twas only flurrying at KMDT when I went into class at 11:00, when I came out at 11:50, light snow, but sidewalks still had some dry spots on them.

Class where? in Middletown?

edit- i was outside working at 11 (Susq Twp part of Harrisburg) it was snowinng at a good clip, everything was wet. Still only sticking in flower beds though

Archived