joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 25-27 Storm Thread

Nic

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very slushy April-like snowfall of 0.7" this morning. Ratio about 5-1. Brushing off the car was actually hard because the snow was so wet it kept caking to the brush. Total precip for Jan 26/27 was 0.43", of which approx 0.15" was in the form of snow. Wow did the American models, which had zero precip forecast til one day out, suck on this one.

lol a ton of schools in the area have delayed today, for approximately a half inch or less of snow, and I guess freezing rain?

Roads here were slushy but come on lol. Schools are getting worse every year. A coworker of mine who has family in the U.P. said the kids have had several snow days the past few weeks for a few 6-7" snowfalls. My how things have changed the last few decades!

This is not January...I'm thouroughly convinced that it's not. Usually in January, a low tracking through eastern/central OH does not produce flooding rains in northern OH with a thin stripe of 1-2" of slop on the northwestern fringes of that. A quick 0.7" of slop at my house SE of Cleveland...on the bright side, it stuck to everything and will be scenic for the next couple hours until temps warm a few degrees and the snow melts.

Archived