• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, snow south of LAF

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN

418 PM EST WED JAN 25 2012

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0417 PM SNOW MARSHALL 39.85N 87.19W

01/25/2012 E0.8 INCH PARKE IN PUBLIC

STILL SNOWING AND ROADS BECOMING SNOW COVERED.

Hmm, snow south of LAF

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN

418 PM EST WED JAN 25 2012

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0417 PM SNOW MARSHALL 39.85N 87.19W

01/25/2012 E0.8 INCH PARKE IN PUBLIC

STILL SNOWING AND ROADS BECOMING SNOW COVERED.

I question the still snowing part at 4:17. :lol:

Just north of Lebanon

That's what it looked like here, for ground conditions. Though it's turning to a slushier concoction on the pavement with the light freezing rain.

Of course if the time stamp is right, it looks like snow is still falling as of 4:26. Interesting.

wintermix.png

Snow showing up here on radar. Over here in Findlay, it is mainly aloft.

It would be funny if this were to bust and we get heavy wet snow all night with snow accumulation occuring with temps above freezing. Anways how is it snowing in indiana now? It tooks way to warm to me.

LAF up to 33 at 5PM. Of course you never know with that thermometer. But it doesn't seem like there is any ice accrual.

My car read 33 all the way home. Roads aren't bad - just wet and slushy.

Once again, West Laf has more snow than here on the east side. Probably close to an inch on campus (before the ip/zr of course..).

My car read 33 all the way home. Roads aren't bad - just wet and slushy.

Once again, West Laf has more snow than here on the east side. Probably close to an inch on campus (before the ip/zr of course..).

I measured 0.5" pre-freezing rain/sleet here, so yeah. Payback again for late November. Strange how this "mini-gradient" has set up shop at times here this winter. Neat stuff.

It isn't pretty out there...yuck. Main roads I took were a bit slushy...though not bad. Marsh's parking lot is a mess. What I thought was interesting is my car read 32 when I got home and the cars that I parked next to in the lot were frozen over. This type of weather sucks...sorry Hoosier.

Nothing falling air is still too dry I was just outside, temp cooled down from 33 to 31. Snow is indicated on NBC4 radar close by. Maybe a brief period of snow at the start based on what happened in Indiana.

Trust me, those radars aren't going to be accurate. Live doppler 13000 which is usually excellent is showing Snow here, when in reality it's ZR/PL... and subfreezing temperatures only go up to about 900mb with 850s +1 to 4C... good luck with that snow though.

Trust me, those radars aren't going to be accurate. Live doppler 13000 which is usually excellent is showing Snow here, when in reality it's ZR/PL... and subfreezing temperatures only go up to about 900mb with 850s +1 to 4C... good luck with that snow though.

I know it is unlikely to snow, just excited to see something frozen soon.

Archived