joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/2012 snow/ice obs thread

famartin

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took the dog out for a walk, poor thing can't handle the cold. ( he's a Boston Terrier). There was a very fine mist with maybe a few flakes send in. Wouldn't know it if you weren't outside and felt it hit your face.

We had a Boston Terrier, wow did he hate thunderstorms. The dog was so smart we used to spell out words and he still knew them.

We had a Boston Terrier, wow did he hate thunderstorms. The dog was so smart we used to spell out words and he still knew them.

Ours is pretty smart too for a one year old. Doesn't know how to spell but he understands a lot of what we tell him. He doesn't seem to mind thunderstorms too much but I have a hard time getting him to go outdoors if its raining.

Had 3.25" as of late morning and for most of the rest of the day, it was just cloudy with some very occasional light snizzle/sleet, not amounting to anything. However, over the last hour or so, we had two decent snow showers, especially the second one, which brought the heaviest snow of the entire event for about 15 minutes (almost 3/8"); combined, we added about 1/2", bringing the event total to 3.75" in Metuchen. Unless, of course, we get some more snow showers.

Just back from JF dropping of skiers. Roads are very nasty. 940 heading in from 115 by wawa is a disaster heading down and up the big hill before harmony beverage and JF light. If you do not have 4wd there is no chance. Ice under snow. No plow through that area and mini vans and pickups with 2wd or front wd can't make it up the big hill after sliding down it first. One lane in opposite direction was passable.

My guesstimate is we have passed 4 inches and near 5. Hard to tell with powder blowing. It's been dumping since my last post.

Be careful on te county roads in the Poconos !!!!! I did not see 115/940 or 903 plowed. Very iced even on small slopes and if they turn sliding is going to happen even with 4wd.

Check out snocountry's report on JF/BB:

http://www.snocountry.com/index.php/ski-reports/pennsylvania

12" in the past 48 hours?

Anyone know if there's any slippery spots out there this evening? I'm just starting to get over a bad case of bronchitis, and haven't been out, but my wife ventured up to Wegmans in Collegeville a little while ago even though I suggested she might just want to stay home.

Drove back from Reading at 10pm and 422 was good, especially east of Pottstown.

Archived