12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
1/21/2012 snow/ice obs thread

famartin

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from JF dropping of skiers. Roads are very nasty. 940 heading in from 115 by wawa is a disaster heading down and up the big hill before harmony beverage and JF light. If you do not have 4wd there is no chance. Ice under snow. No plow through that area and mini vans and pickups with 2wd or front wd can't make it up the big hill after sliding down it first. One lane in opposite direction was passable.

My guesstimate is we have passed 4 inches and near 5. Hard to tell with powder blowing. It's been dumping since my last post.

Be careful on te county roads in the Poconos !!!!! I did not see 115/940 or 903 plowed. Very iced even on small slopes and if they turn sliding is going to happen even with 4wd.

Ehhh, the unfortunate side to snow. Just heard on the work scanner our fire and ems going to a cardiac arrest for 70year old who was shoveling.

Help your elderly neighbors out.

That does suck. I'm not sure why but old people seem to be in a rush to "dig out" of a few inches of snow. I see it happening right now on my block. If they just wait, younger people will be sure to help them out. :unsure:

Archived