• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21/2012 snow/ice obs thread

famartin

But not in Trenton yet? Sure looks close on the radar. Hopefully will start here in the next hour; maybe I'll try to take a quick nap first, although I really hate missing the first flakes, which is why I stayed up, as I though the first flakes would be by 2 am here in the Edison area. Oh well.

It litterally just started in Trenton in the last few minutes.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same here in north brunswick

ok, if it started in North Brunswick, that's only 10 miles south of me, so I have to stay up now.

Hey, does anyone know where the "storm tracking" thread is with all the radars, satellite loops, various meteorological condition maps, etc. that I think Sacrus used to post? Didn't see it in the NYC or Philly threads or the main board.

ok, if it started in North Brunswick, that's only 10 miles south of me, so I have to stay up now.

Hey, does anyone know where the "storm tracking" thread is with all the radars, satellite loops, various meteorological condition maps, etc. that I think Sacrus used to post? Didn't see it in the NYC or Philly threads or the main board.

We have snow in Metuchen!! Woohoo!! Coming down lightly, but we now have a very light coating (maybe 1/32" lol). Ran outside in shorts a t-shirt and barefeet - it's cold.

Road conditions are horrendous on route 42. Complete white out.

Impressive...wife said it was coming down good in woodbury 20 minutes ago...up in North Brunswick for work...just saw 6z nam, looks cooler like from a day ago for PHL....I wanna say thread and I wanna say needle, but if I say them together watch it start sleeting by daybreak :-P

Impressive...wife said it was coming down good in woodbury 20 minutes ago...up in North Brunswick for work...just saw 6z nam, looks cooler like from a day ago for PHL....I wanna say thread and I wanna say needle, but if I say them together watch it start sleeting by daybreak :-P

Coming into Woodbury now on 45 it let up a little bit but it's still coming down good.

just looked at NAM sim radar from 6z and 0z...and actual radar now...sure looks more impressive on current radar than progged down in WV, and its still moving NE to ENE

the stuff in southern wv will miss most of the region...that will graze Southern DE if the radar is right...that's moving more E than NE.

The ohio and Northern WV stuff looks pretty good though....somewhat well modeled IMO.

post-105-0-68891800-1327137461.gif

Would not be surprised if when this dryslot moves through things warm up aloft for South Jersey and Delaware....

Freezing rain is occurring now in central Delaware and far southern NJ... I would expect that to spread north to PHL as that dry slot moves in.

That being said, the front-end thump appears to be doing its work perhaps a bit more efficiently than anticipated... I'm fairly certain that ACY has over an inch. Bust! :axe:

Freezing rain is occurring now in central Delaware and far southern NJ... I would expect that to spread north to PHL as that dry slot moves in.

That being said, the front-end thump appears to be doing its work perhaps a bit more efficiently than anticipated... I'm fairly certain that ACY has over an inch. Bust! :axe:

would not surprise if PHL has zr while PNE (and the majority of the city for that matter) is snow later on...

Archived