Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Freezing rain/sleet threat Monday night - NW burbs, LV, Poconos

LVblizzard

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the air so dry to start, I'm not surprised a lot of places are starting as sleet. As raindrops fall through the very dry air, I believe they start to evaporatively cool to the point where they can freeze even though the surrounding air might not actually be at or below freezing.

With the air so dry to start, I'm not surprised a lot of places are starting as sleet. As raindrops fall through the very dry air, I believe they start to evaporatively cool to the point where they can freeze even though the surrounding air might not actually be at or below freezing.

Absolutely agree Ray. Would not be surprised to see some wet snow mixing in. The ground temps are really cold so freezing rain will be a problem in the morning. Once the frozen precip starts, its hard to carve out the layer of cold air in the LV. Say good bye to my clean car

I have a guy in Cranbury, NJ who took ground temperatures. It is 28-29 on asphalt and 25-26 on Grass. So even though the surface temps are above 32, y'all should watch this initial shot through midnight.

I have a guy in Cranbury, NJ who took ground temperatures. It is 28-29 on asphalt and 25-26 on Grass. So even though the surface temps are above 32, y'all should watch this initial shot through midnight.

Yeah, I was suprised at how long the sleet is lasting on the asphalt even after it has stopped for a while.

Archived