• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS

Ji

This is going to be a long week..I am now interested in the mid week storm. The GFS will lose the coastal 3-4 times over the next several days and its going to be hard to swallow. It seems like for the weekend monster, so many things have to happen where in Last years El Nino, it was so fooking easy.

This is going to be a long week..I am now interested in the mid week storm. The GFS will lose the coastal 3-4 times over the next several days and its going to be hard to swallow. It seems like for the weekend monster, so many things have to happen where in Last years El Nino, it was so fooking easy.

it was NOT easy

after the 12/19 event, we had a big rainstorm on Christmas and another on New Year's after an inch or so of snow

then we had nothing until 1/30/10

that was NOT a fun 30 days with you :guitar:

it was NOT easy

after the 12/19 event, we had a big rainstorm on Christmas and another on New Year's after an inch or so of snow

it was easy in when there was a threat, it always panned out to its full potential. With the STJ, models had an easy time verifying on snowstorms from 4-6 days out

The Thursday event is a lock here for something--

Goes to our south and we get 3-5--or takes the NAM route and we get 1-2 then sleet and freezing ran.

I'm not sold on the weekend event--- give met until Wednesday.

snowstorms in La Nina dont usually work out because they require phasing/timing which ususally dont work out for the Mid Atlantic

still not sure about the midweek event... like the look usually in this range but a shift north may bring in temp issues and i think the pattern still supports suppression overall.

I haven't had much time to post as I was writing a blog that should be up this afternoon. The 12Z gfs has backed off on the Dec 19th event. Both the gfs and NAm now give us light snow Thursday with the NAM giving us almost .25 and the GFS around. We have decent warm advection but not much moisture and no real upper support so I like the lighter GFS amounts for what that is worth. The 500h is so disconnected with the surface that it's hard to think we'd see much more than an inch. I don't see this as a 500h pattern that is liable to amplify much so it's probably more now of a light snow or no snow deal than a snow or rain one.

I haven't had much time to post as I was writing a blog that should be up this afternoon. The 12Z gfs has backed off on the Dec 19th event. Both the gfs and NAm now give us light snow Thursday with the NAM giving us almost .25 and the GFS around. We have decent warm advection but not much moisture and no real upper support so I like the lighter GFS amounts for what that is worth. The 500h is so disconnected with the surface that it's hard to think we'd see much more than an inch. I don't see this as a 500h pattern that is liable to amplify much so it's probably more now of a light snow or no snow deal than a snow or rain one.

i like you much better in an El Nino:)

it was NOT easy

That horrendous rain deluge on Christmas Night 2009 was the absolute WORST Christmas present EVER!!

But, mother nature redeemed herself in February with all that wonderful snow!!! I was in heaven with all the snow I ever wanted to shovel.

That horrendous rain deluge on Christmas Night 2009 was the absolute WORST Christmas present EVER!!

But, mother nature redeemed herself in February with all that wonderful snow!!! I was in heaven with all the snow I ever wanted to shovel.

Yep, that pretty much wiped the snowcover out here for weeks. I will say how sweet it was to get that surprise 9 inch snow on 1/30/10. It was 16 deg through most of the event and felt like Colorado powder. Maybe this Thursday, other surprises are in store. Similar setup, yes?

Archived