• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Banter and BS December 2011

Alpha5

GEFS mean have too much of a spread. As you get into the long range, the spread becomes more and more, causing the gradient pattern to appear more south then it really will be.

Ensembles also never amplify a storm past day 7-8, so that would also cause them to not show a SE ridge.

The ensembles haven't wavered from a colder solution than the op for a while now. It has been consistent.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pro Met Bobby Martrich out of Penn State

Matt Strouse :I do not know about you Bobby Martrich ..but when i look at the ECM it appears to be having ALOT of problems with this frontal system and the switch to colder. So much problems that now it does not bring the colder air in.. When i look at the ensemble means however..they tell a different story. Much colder compared to the OP. What is your take...?

Lehigh Valley Weather Patrol with Bobby & Suzy I think the operationals are trying to play catch up with the ensembles...

Matt Strouse: So, in other words ..you are agreeing with me at this point and time that the ensemble means are the way to go?

Lehigh Valley Weather Patrol with Bobby & Suzy I do agree that the ensembles are always the way to go when looking at temperature... before the operationals.

Also i keep seeing posts about the GGEM ensembles and yet ...

We see this on the GGEM means last night for the 00z run which was colder then the operational ECM....

This is what i do not understand..People are touting the GGEM etc and yet the GGEM etc is colder then the last two runs of the ECM operational..

So if you are going to tout the model at least look at what the model is actually saying and showing .....

By the way Bobby Martrich is probably the only pro met that I am aware of other then maybe DT who called for the October 29th snowstorm a week in advance before the National Media outlets....appears on radio stations (WZZO) and has alot of clients that depend on him!

ggem' torches second week of december onward and also showed the cooldown as transient. They are matching the op runs we saw today better than anything else in terms of the future pattern.

If you look at our temps in Nov as a trend, we actually WARMED during the month. This sh*t crazy...

the sane people do, the nuts you follow who promise you things that won't come true have no clue.

No offense i will take a Pro Met from Penn State that worked for the NWS & appears on radio stations over what you refer to as the sane people...

These sane people thought October 29th would not happen like it did!

The nuts you refer to knew it a week in advance....

No offense i will take a Pro Met from Penn State that worked for the NWS & appears on radio stations over what you refer to as the sane people...

i say we have a vote for the biggest weenie and the smallest weenie (least bullish)

Noreaster - smallest weenie

Snow88 - biggest weenie

thetrials - used a weenie pump, so he variates depending on the time

The people I am talking about are not mets from penn state, he follows a select bunch of loonies who don't know their ass from their head. Some of them are completely off their rocker, and I am intentionally not naming names.

that being said, I don't think you will find any pro mets from this board who agree with your penn state source, but that wasn't my reference anyway.

i say we have a vote for the biggest weenie and the smallest weenie (least bullish)

Noreaster - smallest weenie

Snow88 - biggest weenie

thetrials - used a weenie pump, so he variates depending on the time

I like to keep the masses guessing. You know I bark when its time to bark, and I am usually overly aggressive. THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING that I am so down on this.

Archived