amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Banter and BS December 2011

Alpha5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly, JB thinks the next 2 winters will be very cold for the nation as a whole-he says that today and has hinted at that before.

I would agree with that, this is likely a needle in the haystack sort of deal. We're fully in the -PDO/-NAO phase, but that does not mean you're not going to have a few winters where it averages positive, particularly when you have a La Nina. We could very well move into an El Nino next winter but more likely than not that won't be til 2013-2014, I expect next winter will be a very weak La Nina again though more likely the official numbers would call it neutral. I would anticipate we'll continue to do pretty well here the next 2 decades or so, but obviously if a 1976-77, 1993-94, and 1995-96 can occur in the bad Pac/NAO phases some clunkers are going to occur in the good one too.

I would agree with that, this is likely a needle in the haystack sort of deal. We're fully in the -PDO/-NAO phase, but that does not mean you're not going to have a few winters where it averages positive, particularly when you have a La Nina. We could very well move into an El Nino next winter but more likely than not that won't be til 2013-2014, I expect next winter will be a very weak La Nina again though more likely the official numbers would call it neutral. I would anticipate we'll continue to do pretty well here the next 2 decades or so, but obviously if a 1976-77, 1993-94, and 1995-96 can occur in the bad Pac/NAO phases some clunkers are going to occur in the good one too.

agree. Nina is full on right now, this won't weaken till March, and probably stays on the cool side.

13-14 should be neutral nino.

Interestingly, JB thinks the next 2 winters will be very cold for the nation as a whole-he says that today and has hinted at that before.

having a hard time with this winter....this month.....

im not bashing him really. just that, its hard for me to give him any credibility on such thoughts.

i'll take ANY other met on here instead.

I should go back and bump my post the day before the snow event that said watch NYC get 2.9 inches and then not record anything else the rest of the winter and finish 2nd all time.

I have faith in January, it wont be epic, but I can see a few decent events.

Watch around for Valentines day, that could save the winter.

I should go back and bump my post the day before the snow event that said watch NYC get 2.9 inches and then not record anything else the rest of the winter and finish 2nd all time.

yea, I know what you mean. I made a similar joke of the likes of "wouldn't it be funny if this ended up being the biggest snow storm of the season" I don't think anyone appreciated that... In my defense, I did put it in the banter thread.. :thumbsup:

nice!! hey.. anybody got that epic radar loop of the storm.. that was friggin' awesome... although I'm still trying to come up with an explanation as to why I only got about 12 inches from that storm. I should have had over to 2 feet. I was pissed off about that.

go to the rank em thread, there are 15 different posts of the radar.

Archived