Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow-tober 2011 SNE

Turtle

Hi gang!

Will post this link here for now, but if anyone feels it should be moved to the general Weather and Forecasting section, be my guest.

Just found this on the WFO BOX website and thought you'd like to see it:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/sigevents/Snowtober_2011/

Not sure if there will be new stuff added later on, but I think our office's storm data team is trying to be proactive in getting this info onto the website as soon as they can.

Let us know what you think.

--Turtle

That amount is too high?

We suspect they may be. Our office's new climate focal point is working on this along with the OPL.

While we really appreciate the volunteers at the ANG at BDL that give us our snow amounts during events, we do need to review snow measuring procedures with them. We may have had some problems with them last winter as well.

'Nuff said.

--Turtle

We suspect they may be. Our office's new climate focal point is working on this along with the OPL.

While we really appreciate the volunteers at the ANG at BDL that give us our snow amounts during events, we do need to review snow measuring procedures with them. We may have had some problems with them last winter as well.

'Nuff said.

--Turtle

When I went from VT back to NH Sunday afternoon I took a look at the PNS statements and saw BDL had 13.7'' but then I guess that night a change was made b/c they mentioned it on the news and my brother told me that...it was either Sunday night or Monday night. I wasn't in CT for the storm so I don't know but looking at the PNS statement and surrounding totals 13.7'' seems much more believable than the 20.7''.

Totals surrounding BDL were much lower, more in the range of like 7-12'' or something.

'Nuff said.

--Turtle

Thanks for the info. I remember seeing the 12.0 inches of snow reported there, but then later saw it was around 20 inches. I am sure you folks at BOX will get it all straightened out.

Archived