12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
10/29 Snowloween -- Thread 1

phlwx

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought most of it fell earlier, but I don't recall clearly. I know at TTN it only snowed near noon and then changed back to rain.

Hmmm...........I remember taking a walk around my block while the snow was just about ending and it was dark. Unless I have the wrong October snow.....I've only lived here since 05' though.

Timing was helpful too if I remember correctly very late afternoon into evening.

I thought most of it fell earlier, but I don't recall clearly. I know at TTN it only snowed near noon and then changed back to rain.

late morning/midday. I had to drive through the concrete...I mean snow going from Philly to Lansdale. I remember calling 1060 to tell them how bad 309 was and the traffic person couldn't believe it was snowing (cameras were out on 309 since road work was underway at the time).

Not a fun commute...the snow was "fun" though.

late morning/midday. I had to drive through the concrete...I mean snow going from Philly to Lansdale. I remember calling 1060 to tell them how bad 309 was and the traffic person couldn't believe it was snowing (cameras were out on 309 since road work was underway at the time).

Not a fun commute...the snow was "fun" though.

Any idea of the snow I am thinking of? It was an evening event sometime when pumpkins were still out in my yard.

Might have ended in the evening but most of it fell during the midday IIRC

I specifically remember that it began around 10:45am, got heavy from 11am - 1:15pm-ish, then tapered off, and when the intensity went down it went back to rain, leaving a slushy 1/2" at school, but a little more than an 1" at my house on the northern side of Bensalem. I think Warrington or somewhere out along 611 reported 3" from that event.

And if I recall correctly, that was the biggest event that season until 1/28/09 when we got 2" imby from an over-running event.

I think the coating end of that area looks good. Seriously is the ground even cool enough to end up with more than a coating with this amount of snow? (if it is snow)

If it is snowing heavily, all bets are off...Some places in that C-3" Henry M swath received 12-20" of snow on October 28th, 2008... And 1.5" in New Brunswick NJ http://good-times.we...044275375oFrzEM

It did occur right through the day by the way...For new Brunswick it flipped to heavy wet snow in the mid 30s by late morning and continued for several hours into the aftn before lightening up and changing back to rain...it stuck to everything, even major highways

Any idea of the snow I am thinking of? It was an evening event sometime when pumpkins were still out in my yard.

Well you could be thinking of the right event here. Certain areas saw their periods of snow at different parts of that day, especially in the marginal areas like Philly and where i was in new brunswick. I recall I had changed back to light rain while some of the heavy bands swung south into the philly/s jersey area flipping them to snow later that afternoon. Toms River NJ got a trace! Heres the radar

20081027_28_kdix.gif

Well you could be thinking of the right event here. Certain areas saw their periods of snow at different parts of that day, especially in the marginal areas like Philly and where i was in new brunswick. I recall I had changed back to light rain while some of the heavy bands swung south into the philly/s jersey area flipping them to snow later that afternoon. Toms River NJ got a trace! Heres the radar

20081027_28_kdix.gif

Thanks for posting that. I'm pretty sure it was that event. I remember getting home from work around 5pm, and it snowing til about an hour or so after sunset.

muahahaah!!!

snow.jpg

here's the skew -t for hr 66... timing is a bitc* here....

skew-t.jpg

I suppose its a nice shift west on the GFS, as you get some moderate precip into the area. that red ">" looking line is a bit toasty..

Don't take that Twister data map seriously***

I think a good chunk of this is elevation and intensity dependent -- if you get under a heavier band and have some elevation on your side you could end up with 3" or more out of this.

Agree completely. I'm not buying the raw output from the Euro (BL temps are still pretty warm and saturated), but if you get some good dynamic cooling and you're a few hundred feet up, I could see 6+" (someone's precip rates are going to be awesome with that much deepening). On the coastal plain, I'd bet most everyone sees flakes, but sees little accumulation.

If that 12 to 18 inches came to fruition, it would be almost as damaging as Irene. Many leaves have not fallen off the trees and the tree felling problem and down power lines would be incredible suffice to say even with the snow plowing issues with municipalities and PADOT not be ready for this type of storm. I really hope they are not pushing these totals as gospel to the public and private businesses as this would be very irresponsible.

I sound like a broken record. At least JB and I agree on the damage aspect and thats scary. To say that the snowfall would even be that heavy at this time juncture is really going out on a limb. If this was true, then Mt. Holly would be issuing winter storm watches tomorrow and I saw nothing in their discussion that points in that direction

Archived