• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
I have had just over 30 inches of rain since JULY 24th

CAT5ANDREW

30.15 inches since the big heat ended here in Queens.I will never see this again in my lifetime,no one here will.This rainy period smashes everything from the past.This has to be rated as a once in 500-1000 year event for the entire Tri State Area.This is already one of the wettest second half of the year and we still have 3 months to go.This period is going to be discussed for years to come.

30.15 inches since the big heat ended here in Queens.I will never see this again in my lifetime,no one here will.This rainy period smashes everything from the past.This has to be rated as a once in 500-1000 year event for the entire Tri State Area.This is already one of the wettest second half of the year and we still have 3 months to go.This period is going to be discussed for years to come.

it's like 1971 and 1975...my back yard cement is green from mold...

It wasn't only two weeks and we were drying up pretty badly. Leaves were starting to fall off trees because it was so dry.

you must be young...it always ends up raining, a real drought is nowhere near where we were in July. Anyhow the leaves are falling off the trees now in my area without chaning colors because of too much rain.

i never want to hear people bring up the idea of drought after a two week dry period again

Driest times in my life were the year 1980,1985,AUG 6 1995 to SEPT 17 1995 was the longest I have ever seen it without a drop of rain.1997-Lae AUG 2002 was the last real below normal rainfall period we had.

you must be young...it always ends up raining, a real drought is nowhere near where we were in July. Anyhow the leaves are falling off the trees now in my area without chaning colors because of too much rain.

I really hate all the browning going on right now. Believe it or not one of my primary concerns during the dry spell was that it would continue into fall and ruin the fall foliage season. Now it seems we have the opposite problem causing the same results!

The drought in the early to mid 1960's was the worst drought on record...1963 came close to breaking the record for the least amount of precipitation...1964 broke the record...1965 broke the record again by a lot....The first half of 1966 was very dry with the driest Summer on record...September 1966 saw an end to the drought...Since then 1981 was pretty dry in the winter causing water restrictions...1965 NYC was mixing Hudson River water into the system...water sheds were only 25% full...

Archived