joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2011 fall foliage/leaf drop pictures and discussion

earthlight

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's starting to ramp up a bit, still mostly green but I'm seeing more and more reds and yellows. Other parts of Queens look like fruits and vegetables, I've never really seen purple foliage.

I'm not looking forward to the dead landscape season. :thumbsdown:

Dude not only do I have pumping color but a lot of trees are past peak already. I would think you would have had better color than what you describe down there since you radiate well being by JFK.

Dude not only do I have pumping color but a lot of trees are past peak already. I would think you would have had better color than what you describe down there since you radiate well being by JFK.

As of today its not really mostly green anymore, it's not peak (overall) either, other than a few trees the color isn't that impressive yet. It's an odd mixture of 100% green, mixed, near peak, peak, past peak, bare, & just browning off. It looks like a combination of all seasons

Random:

d172f8760bd111e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Color has been crappy all over this year....been working in warren county the last few day and they are about 75% down. From the Delaware river gap to Pennsylvania its pretty much all down.

The problem with you guys Is that you changed earlier than us therefore making the leaves more susceptible to those big wind storms from a few weeks back. Out here there was still mostly green leaves a few weeks ago and so the trees retained most of their leaves.

Only a few trees had changed color back then. And of course if you look at them now they are bare. Right now Queens looks amazing. It's quite beautiful. Can't speak for Long Island but I hear it's great out that way too.

The problem with you guys Is that you changed earlier than us therefore making the leaves more susceptible to those big wind storms from a few weeks back. Out here there was still mostly green leaves a few weeks ago and so the trees retained most of their leaves.

Only a few trees had changed color back then. And of course if you look at them now they are bare. Right now Queens looks amazing. It's quite beautiful. Can't speak for Long Island but I hear it's great out that way too.

best leaf season in years. the trees are stunning all over the place in nassau/suffolk. wished the trees always looked like this.

best leaf season in years. the trees are stunning all over the place in nassau/suffolk. wished the trees always looked like this.

Eh if they were alway like this we probably wouldn't care as much. It would be awesome if we could hold on to this amazing color for more than just a week or so though.

Earlier this fall I thought this season would suck but man oh man have the trees delivered!

The color was a bit disappointing, a lot of the trees just browned/went bare, there's about as much brown as there is color, so ugly lol. The colorful trees are just losing leaves in droves. Some are still all green, they'll probably stay that way until we see our first true cold blast sometime in December and they'll instantly turn brown.

i bet your area is loaded with norway maples(change to bright yellow color) those are the last trees to change around here and were the brightest of all the trees. Most of the other trees colors were horrible.

i bet your area is loaded with norway maples(change to bright yellow color) those are the last trees to change around here and were the brightest of all the trees. Most of the other trees colors were horrible.

some areas around mineola only have sycamores...by far the worst tree for leaf color...only brown, even on a good year...but north of mineola all the way to the sound is a mix of decidous trees, alot of oaks and maples

Archived