northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September 2011 General Discussion/Obs

Chicago Storm

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z NAM losing its mind and throwing out amounts of 3-4" in a fairly generous area (plus a small swath of 4"+) in the next 36 hours for parts of Indiana.

It is a pretty neat and also rare/unusual cutoff low in that it will rapidly deepen and occlude. The PV anomalies rotating around the base of the mean cutoff are pretty rare, especially that intense. This will have a classic occlusion signature in a couple days.

post-999-0-83840400-1316961476.png

It is a pretty neat and also rare/unusual cutoff low in that it will rapidly deepen and occlude. The PV anomalies rotating around the base of the mean cutoff are pretty rare, especially that intense. This will have a classic occlusion signature in a couple days.

Yeah, cool image. Neat storm really. Plus of course, much needed rainfall for some places.

Wow this is gonna be fun to watch. The NAM deepens the surface low in Indiana this evening, and continues the deepening process as it lifts northwest into southern Wisconsin. It then loops southwestward into eastern Iowa and back into Illinois. The winds here are going to do almost a complete 360 degree change over the course of a day if that works out.

Wow this is gonna be fun to watch. The NAM deepens the surface low in Indiana this evening, and continues the deepening process as it lifts northwest into southern Wisconsin. It then loops southwestward into eastern Iowa and back into Illinois. The winds here are going to do almost a complete 360 degree change over the course of a day if that works out.

Yeah, neat system. Looks like it's going to be around for several days.

Sure is neat. We're finally getting the rain we should have received in the late summer. I'll take it any way I can get it, even if it's showery rains as opposed to thunderstorms.

big deal a whopping .50" or so yesterday in 2 hrs and basically nothing else all weekend. ever since i got home yesterday the rain has done everything in its power to just miss here. Should be neat to see how the airport area gets dickered again with the cutoff low.

big deal a whopping .50" or so yesterday in 2 hrs and basically nothing else all weekend. ever since i got home yesterday the rain has done everything in its power to just miss here. Should be neat to see how the airport area gets dickered again with the cutoff low.

The rain now is sure making up for it. These are the kind of rains that 10 miles can make all the difference. Last night, I had one ten minute rainstorm that probably gave me .5" alone.

You should move back to West Allis if this ticks you off. It would tick me off if all the rain missed me by two or three miles. Also, it seems West Allis tends to come in with higher snow totals.

West Allis is a sweet spot for some reason. I don't miss living there at all though.

Colors are really starting to pop especially up by Mt Saukville and the Kettle area. Couldn't believe how far along the colors are there, very comparable to what I left to in Vilas county.

West Allis is a sweet spot for some reason. I don't miss living there at all though.

Colors are really starting to pop especially up by Mt Saukville and the Kettle area. Couldn't believe how far along the colors are there, very comparable to what I left to in Vilas county.

Well with a cooler start to fall, maybe the journey of winter will begin slightly sooner.

So far, Lambert is 3.1 degrees below average for the month ( despite triple digit heat the first three days) with 3.18 inches of rain. This morning's temperature was 45 degrees, with the suburbs getting down into the upper 30s.

Pretty nice, isn't it? Makes up for the awful summer a little.

Archived