joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Atlantic Banter/School Closings Thread

Kmlwx

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germantown Soccerplex microclimate FAIL.

Two tournament games for my child played in a driving rain, tourney finally bowed to inevitable and cancelled all games after 6:00 and tomorrow's games. Just dragged the hour and a half back home in a driving rain. Guess I am in ahead of whatever is the "worst" of the storm.

Germantown Soccerplex microclimate FAIL.

Two tournament games for my child played in a driving rain, tourney finally bowed to inevitable and cancelled all games after 6:00 and tomorrow's games. Just dragged the hour and a half back home in a driving rain. Guess I am in ahead of whatever is the "worst" of the storm.

They should just put all the blame on the "nationally recognized, Germantown-based weather company" that they consulted. tongue.gif

I was over in Lewisburg today for a soccer game...about as close as I will get to experience Irene. Just saw clouds with peaks of sun, a strong breeze was picking up as we left. It was sunny back home in Hurricane.

There were numerous convoys of electric utility trucks, tree service trucks and National Guard vehicles with generators, lights and water tanks along I-77, mostly heading north. On Friday I saw a lot of utility truck convoys on I-79 heading north. Over the past two days I bet I saw well over 200 utility type trucks in my travels probably getting pre-positioned for the aftermath.

Wow, pretty quiet on here this morning...not many posts after midnight. I guess everyone lost power and internet last night. I hope everyone is safe. I haven't heard anything lately from my brother near Trenton, NJ but it looks like they got a boat load of rain.

I bet a few stayed up late with the storm and slept in.

MoCo open except for the schools without power. Currently 34, but could be less by morning.

These are the schools with no power Well Banneker MS, Briggs Chaney MS, Broad Acres ES, Burtonsville ES, Emory Grove Center, Fairland ES, Fairland Holding Center, Flower Hill ES, Forest Knolls ES, Galway ES, Glen Haven ES, Greencastle ES, Highland View ES, Key MS, Lee MS, Neelsville MS, Paint Branch HS, Piney Branch ES, Takoma Park ES, Takoma Park MS, Westland MS, Woodlin ES, Westland MS, and Woodlin ES don't have power.

Archived