joxey
8/21 Severe Threat - Obs/Discussion

Kmlwx

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today sucked. Absolute letdown.

Though I'm sure pretty much everyone else would disagree. :yikes:

Today was a letdown for me also. Storm mode not what I was hoping. I did not see anything out of the ordinary and the event waned in comparison to june springfield ma event I chased. I was hoping for a memorable event this was not it. We needed a cap.

Today was a letdown for me also. Storm mode not what I was hoping. I did not see anything out of the ordinary and the event waned in comparison to june springfield ma event I chased. I was hoping for a memorable event this was not it. We needed a cap.

the 500mb trough was a bit north to really expect a tornado event of note, tho often there is a secondary area of concern well southeast of the main one. things did fire up awful early around the whole area. we don't usually get a cap unless it's too strong to break. ;) even if we do the lee trough adds more trickiness to it.. it'll break the cap with enough instability/etc... which you don't really have in new england.then we get downsloped behind it which isnt that favorable.

I think I'm about to get more from the little storm to my west in the next 45 minutes than I got all day. All week, actually.

Anything this evening would have been better than the sprinkles I got from the storm that went POOF as it approached earlier. I'm a little jealous of the folks that got a good rain out of it. Can't say I'm not a little bitter about it, but c'est la vie. I did get a nice storm on Friday.

Archived