Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Mid-Atlantic Minotaur (ORS1) Sightings 6/29

Kmlwx

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you watch from? Up here in petworth it ended up being east of what I'd anticipated and I missed most of it to an obstructed view.

I thought I could get it and the Capitol but I guess it mostly just obstructed my view of the horizon.

Well, boo. Any future launches anticipated? I mean, it sure beats watchng dc splits.

Mostly a misplay I guess. I thought it was going to go SE. Perhaps I should do hw next time. I think I got at least one poorly exposed shot.

Cool to see but not worth waiting a day for. I got pics but someone who was on the roof with me was moving around to get a better shot, and with the lens zoomed in.. well.

Too bad it didn't go at sunset.

Pretty cool here in Columbia! Very vivid orange fire-ish ball while it was low on horizon. Saw the different stages go off and could see some stuff falling off of the rocket. Got up to a high point in the sky, hovered there for 30 seconds before disappearing. Very much worth the wait!

Yeah, sunset I think woulda been way cooler.

My vantage point had me directly beneath a super bright light, so my exposure times had to be really short. I quickly stitched together a few shots though...this was the gist of it

rocket_sequence_cropped.jpg

Nice.. By the time I got it it was about at the peak of Apex coming out left side of Capitol dome. My secondary spot would have been better but also less safe at 11p..

Archived