Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Mid-Atlantic Minotaur (ORS1) Sightings 6/29

Kmlwx

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, tossed out because anyone who claims to be in the garage to watch a rocket launch into outer space is obiviously insane and a threat to society.

I got to Glenmont and the garage was pretty much empty even on the lower levels. I went up to the top and there were two transit cops just chilling up there. I parked in a cluster of remaining cars and one of them drove over and asked me what I was doing and I told him and he was like find somewhere else. Didn't feel like arguing and it looks like I made the right choice by leaving because I would have looked like an idiot when no rocket showed up lol.

FTS issue being discussed and determining time needed to recycle batteries for another attempt tonight.

I'm going home (1/2 mile away). Don't have a good feel that it will happen tonight. If it was an LMCO rocket, it would have been up by now (a little aerospace co. smack).

Saw it, too! Very bright, before fading into eclipse. Briefly turned burnt amber, much like the moon does. Very cool!

Ahh that's what happened. It went behind a cloud and never returned.

I got to Glenmont and the garage was pretty much empty even on the lower levels. I went up to the top and there were two transit cops just chilling up there. I parked in a cluster of remaining cars and one of them drove over and asked me what I was doing and I told him and he was like find somewhere else. Didn't feel like arguing and it looks like I made the right choice by leaving because I would have looked like an idiot when no rocket showed up lol.

I was just jokin' around. That garage has a history of bad stuff going on so I'm not surprised. It's not like you were breaking any laws whatsoever though. They should have let you be.

I was just jokin' around. That garage has a history of bad stuff going on so I'm not surprised. It's not like you were breaking any laws whatsoever though. They should have let you be.

Now I wish I had stuck around and looked insane - would have made for a funny story lol. And yeah, it's not a great neighborhood over that way so I don't blame them for camping out. If we can get the launch pushed to Friday I'll head more up in the direction of your suggestion.

Archived