Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 21-24 Severe Obs/Disc.

Ellinwood

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still not sold on anything much of note tomorrow... gfs does have higher qpf over the area after 0z so seems like something there. maybe off the hills? warm front seems to go thru a bit early.. perhaps midday.

Meh number 1 issued.

well was never that excited. i forgot not to mention parameters when yoda is around. we may still see something. the low is slooooow. the far eastern flank has been quiet today.

still not sold on anything much of note tomorrow... gfs does have higher qpf over the area after 0z so seems like something there. maybe off the hills? warm front seems to go thru a bit early.. perhaps midday.

Well we need the WF to clear by then so we can clear out and get heating. LWX has highs near 90 tomorrow... afternoon clearing should help

Well we need the WF to clear by then so we can clear out and get heating. LWX has highs near 90 tomorrow... afternoon clearing should help

It's just a small window. If the WF gets too far north we'll have trouble initiating outside elevation. If it comes thru too early it's muddled probably. We don't do well on low probability events usually.

It's just a small window. If the WF gets too far north we'll have trouble initiating outside elevation. If it comes thru too early it's muddled probably. We don't do well on low probability events usually.

We don't do well on high probability events either tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

WF clears by noon... storms by 3-4 pm developing should be good enough

06z NAM and GFS are very different at the end of the period (Friday afternoon)... NAM has a more amplified system with an entirely different orientation of the jet streak. No matter which way you slice it, both models are in agreement that winds should be largely unidirectional across most of the region on Friday. However, there is tornadic potential further north in PA according to the GFS, where the left-exit region of the jet streak and better directional shear will be.

GFS also tries to pull in drier dewpoints around the main low and into the Mid-Atlantic, which could crush our hopes and dreams Thursday and Friday as LCLs jump into a much less favorable range.

Thursday's outlook (Day 3):

day3prob_20110621_0730_prt.gif

...UPPER OH VALLEY TO NRN MIDDLE ATLANTIC...

SEVERE THREAT SHOULD LINGER ACROSS THE UPPER OH VALLEY INTO THE NRN

MIDDLE ATLANTIC REGION THURSDAY AS UPPER TROUGH AXIS EASES ACROSS

THE GREAT LAKES-TN VALLEY. THIS UPPER FEATURE WILL MAINTAIN MODEST

SWLY FLOW...ON THE ORDER OF 40KT AT 500MB...FROM THE BASE OF THE

TROUGH OVER TN INTO UPSTATE NY. WHILE IT/S NOT OBVIOUS HOW FOCUSED

LOW LEVEL CONVERGENCE WILL BE ALONG ADVANCING FRONT...IT APPEARS

STRONG BOUNDARY LAYER HEATING ACROSS THE OUTLOOK REGION WILL

ENCOURAGE TSTM DEVELOPMENT BY 18Z WITHIN A FLOW REGIME THAT SHOULD

FAVOR ROTATING UPDRAFTS...OR AT LEAST ORGANIZED MULTI-CELL CLUSTERS

CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS...HAIL AND PERHAPS EVEN ISOLATED

TORNADOES.

i like tomorrow ... not sure how svr we get but models are consistent pushing a spoke of energy through during the afternoon/evening. this storm has some issues going forward as noted previously. generally a stacked/decaying system is not going to produce as well as a healthier one.

i like tomorrow ... not sure how svr we get but models are consistent pushing a spoke of energy through during the afternoon/evening. this storm has some issues going forward as noted previously. generally a stacked/decaying system is not going to produce as well as a healthier one.

I hope we can get something.

Well I hope for some storms today... but probably won't see any till later tonight. I hope we get some severe weather tomorrow or Thursday. Ian and Ellinwood, you guys were correc about today, I was not

Would not give up on today yet. Shear and instability is there and there are storms forming in OH/WV/PA

I read that comment about a vort coming through in the disco so it gives me slight optimism.

I read that comment about a vort coming through in the disco so it gives me slight optimism.

wed has looked more widespread for a while.. perhaps more than later in the week even, tho it's a bit early still to see details. everything is a bit west of optimal at mid-lvls but it's not terrible. spc should move their slight southward a bit.

Looks interesting... but we have seen this before and nothing came out of it

hrr is forming it off convection which should be in va already that is not. there does seem to be a mechanism passing through wv tho. you'd think it would want to go se but the ridge axis is building in so maybe it would go more east. worth watching i suppose.

Archived