• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Severe Weather Threat Wed-Fri 6/22-6/24

earthlight

It sucks thinking about how far we are from winter.

At least the days are getting shorter.....

Getting some intense storms the past few days has helped pass the time. I did notice it was a little darker this morning before my 6:00am tee time, lol. Radar breaking out over PA near allentown, lets see how far that cell gets, will be a good indication of what we see later.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw that. It appears the storms that pulsed over eastern PA earlier have lost a little bit as they moved east, no doubt in response to the more stable environment but more should fire, the question is what is left of them when they get to nyc metro and out of western south western jersey.

Good post. The diurnal heating has been almost completely inhibited in the areas north and east of the warm front. We would need an organized complex of convection, most likely, to move east into the elevated instability axis.

Otherwise, individual updrafts will have trouble maintaining themselves amidst otherwise mundane shear away from the warm front itself and farther west over PA.

sounding is pretty Meh. Maybe we will get some weak rotation but i think the storms yesterday are going to be better than anything that comes up today

skew_KOKX.gif

When I use WE on this forum I am talking about potential within 75 miles of NYC.It's tough to do better than that

until you see how the radar trends actually develop during the day.

When I use WE on this forum I am talking about potential within 75 miles of NYC.It's tough to do better than that

until you see how the radar trends actually develop during the day.

Well, it makes a big difference today, because the city, north and east and socked in, so that sounding is pretty representative of what we are dealing with.

South and West totally different story. I wasn't trying to put your thoughts down, I was just discoing.

This is what Mt Holly is saying for that one storm, nothing overly impressive. Kinda the same as what they said last night and all I got was a brief downpour and no lightning or thunder.

Special Weather Statement

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ300 PM EDT FRI JUN 24 2011NJZ009-010-242000-HUNTERDON NJ-SOMERSET NJ-300 PM EDT FRI JUN 24 2011...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT HUNTERDON AND SOMERSETCOUNTIES...AT 256 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED ASTRONG THUNDERSTORM 14 MILES WEST OF SOMERVILLE...MOVING EAST AT 20MPH. THE THUNDERSTORM WILL BE NEAR WHITE HOUSE STATION...CLOVERHILLAROUND 315 PM...RARITAN...BRIDGEWATER AROUND 330 PM...MARTINSVILLE...SOMERVILLE AROUND 345 PM...NORTH PLAINFIELD AND WATCHUNG AROUND 400PM.WIND GUSTS TO 40 MPH AND SMALL HAIL ARE POSSIBLE WITH THIS STORM.

Well, it makes a big difference today, because the city, north and east and socked in, so that sounding is pretty representative of what we are dealing with.

South and West totally different story. I wasn't trying to put your thoughts down, I was just discoing.

Yeah,we are more stable out across the island today than over the last two days.

Sure, I move and now Monmouth County is the supercell capital of New Jersey.

Not just you, think how I feel right now. I left to Cape Cod 2 days ago and since then my backyard has probably had 2-3"+ of rain, hours of thunder/lightning, and today probably close to severe criteria. I knew this was going to happen!

Not just you, think how I feel right now. I left to Cape Cod 2 days ago and since then my backyard has probably had 2-3"+ of rain, hours of thunder/lightning, and today probably close to severe criteria. I knew this was going to happen!

lol im out of town also

looks like that sounding i posted held true, just too stable in the city and obviously n and e

It was never in doubt for Long Island since the models were indicating last night that the focus for the convection would be over New Jersey.

It's a nice heads up for potential across the island when there is instability on the 12z OKX sounding.

Why didnt you cancel the trip when you knew the bad weather was coming? I cant imagine anyone wanting to spend summer in Cape Cod, it's usually cool/cloudy/foggy there.

Archived