joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather Threat Wed-Fri 6/22-6/24

earthlight

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh we got zip here on Wednesday and all of 0.10 yesterday lol in a brief "downpour" that lasted 30 min or less.

Around here yes,but the North Shore picked up some nice storms yesterday.

I can't complain,last Friday's storm was one the best that I have

seen here in a while.I estimated 1 to1.5 inches of rain fell in only

30 minutes.I snapped this photo a couple of blocks from my house:

It was never in doubt for Long Island since the models were indicating last night that the focus for the convection would be over New Jersey.

It's a nice heads up for potential across the island when there is instability on the 12z OKX sounding.

If the OKX sounding is going bonkers you know its gonna be a nutty day. If we had real heating today across nyc, things would have been a lot different. Just too much marine air.

If the OKX sounding is going bonkers you know its gonna be a nutty day. If we had real heating today across nyc, things would have been a lot different. Just too much marine air.

You have to be careful though with the OKX sounding. The difference in location can be very misleading even between NYC and OKX with the degree of instability/etc. It gets even more dramatic over New Jersey. Today it worked out as an indication--but often it can not.

You have to be careful though with the OKX sounding. The difference in location can be very misleading even between NYC and OKX with the degree of instability/etc. It gets even more dramatic over New Jersey. Today it worked out as an indication--but often it can not.

I agree 100%. My point was if OKX was nutty, then watch out! I wish there was another real sounding nearby.

Why didnt you cancel the trip when you knew the bad weather was coming? I cant imagine anyone wanting to spend summer in Cape Cod, it's usually cool/cloudy/foggy there.

We came last July and it was 90 degrees here -- probably about as hot as it gets on Cape Cod. What a difference a year makes. Was just outside walking around, in shorts and a t-shirt of course (its summer) and froze my arse off. Didn't want to cancel the trip as its not easy rescheduling and I figured Monmouth would get screwed per usual, but this year has been very good so far (in fact the Monmouth T-storm shield may be temporarily broken).

Archived