• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June part 2

Isopycnic

There's pockets of +24 showing up for Mon and Tue in the Southeast, haven't seen that yet this season. The ECMWF was a little early trying to do that this weekend but the GFS kept holding off until next week. Also, one big MCC event probably just before or as that hot is arriving, either late Sunday or Monday. The major heat won't last too long, as a pretty deep trough develops later next week in the Plains and also Gulf moisture should be gathering and may get pulled northeast toward the Southeast or Gulf Coast...maybe something tropical in that.

Today will mark the 21st day of consecutive 90+ deg days here in Colatown. :devilsmiley: Officially the airport hasn't reached 100 (although mby has 3 times), but from the looks of things, this will change Monday and Tuesday.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today will mark the 21st day of consecutive 90+ deg days here in Colatown. :devilsmiley: Officially the airport hasn't reached 100 (although mby has 3 times), but from the looks of things, this will change Monday and Tuesday.

I don't know how you guys do it in CAE :)

Those portals to hell will be creaking open pretty soon. Might be a good time for a vacation to the arctic circle, lol. I know I'm un-enjoying the heat even more than before with all this humidity and high dew points, coupled with no rain from it. I'm beginning to get a case of the A at those north Atl. folks hogging all the rain :) They get buckets, I get drops. At least you pulled out some measureable rain recently.....though I can't see how that'd make 100 go down any easier!! Just steam up the air so you can't see those portals opening :) T

Just woke up to a nice surprise. Cloudy skies with light rain falling. It's a cool 73oF and I'm hoping these clouds keep it that way. Big area of rain back in AL/MS/TN. http://radar.weather...issvly_loop.php We've already had our turn up here so I hope this goes south of Atlanta and clobbers Tony, Psalm, etc... :hug:

Thanks for the good wishes, Mr. Kid! The mention of N. Atl. folks hoggin' won't apply to you, lol. I saw that blob this morning and was hoping it would stay together. Funny how things swing around...I would expect to see flooding here before the summer is out. If not from a front, then from a T.S.... but no momentum swing yet, and you N. Atl. folks have sure had it nice for a few years now, with snow and rain in the multiple inches, and we've been getting hind t down here. Though I think Psalm has done ok, recently. T

Thanks for the good wishes, Mr. Kid! The mention of N. Atl. folks hoggin' won't apply to you, lol. I saw that blob this morning and was hoping it would stay together. Funny how things swing around...I would expect to see flooding here before the summer is out. If not from a front, then from a T.S.... but no momentum swing yet, and you N. Atl. folks have sure had it nice for a few years now, with snow and rain in the multiple inches, and we've been getting hind t down here. Though I think Psalm has done ok, recently. T

Not as good as I would like.....didn't really get much the other day except the wind damage...very little rain....Hoping that complex in Alabama will slide just far enough to get me today :popcorn:

Missed here too except for a few sprinkles, did pick up .70 the last storm.

I am with ya on the hurry up fall!

Well, I should know better than to give out a premature wahoo as many times as I've been skunked... only 33 drops so far. But at least it is cloudy and windy, so that's something. Radar shows some maybe still to come...but I don't trust radar anymore. It has let me down so much lately. Tony

Well, I should know better than to give out a premature wahoo as many times as I've been skunked... only 33 drops so far. But at least it is cloudy and windy, so that's something. Radar shows some maybe still to come...but I don't trust radar anymore. It has let me down so much lately. Tony

:(:angry::stun::(:gun_bandana:

:hug:

We had some nice straight line winds move through Columbus here! It sure was nice to see a good thunderstorm roll through. The only bad thing was I had to work... :( That means I got to deal with all the insane calls of people telling me there was a tornado! I ran out and looked and it was certainly not a tornado... :lightning: At least we got some much needed rain! It looks like we may see a little more rain tomorrow afternoon, but not nearly as much as today! Many people picked up at least .75 inches and it was still raining :)

That was fun! Last storm...err...winds....knocked out power...today...lost phone...so it goes.....Cell phones run the world so who cares anyway...Father in law across the street had one casualty...wind picked up his huge umbrella AND TABLE by the pool and threw them across the fence...umbrella is toast...table is ok....glass didn't break....at least it didn't throw them into the pool and rip the liner......hmmmm...or maybe we should have wished that..then ins could pay for the liner.....LOL! All in all a great little event....30-45 minutes of heavy rain.....followed by a couple of hours of light rain....man was it great!! And they talk like we could get more tomorrow...woo hooo!!

Had a surprise shower develop right on top of my area a couple of hours ago. It was quite inviting and lasted for about half an hour before it quickly dissipated.

The early part of next week continues to look absolutely brutal with temperatures. Highs still look to be in the upper 90s for some locations, with possibly a few reaching the dreaded 100° reading as the upper level ridge builds across the Southeast. Can't guarantee it but there may be some folks that are unfortunate enough to hit the triple digit. Thankfully as we get into the second half of next week, that ridge eventually breaks down as an expected upper trough moves in and progresses eastward. By this time, our high temperatures should return close to normalcy sometime during either Thursday or Friday.

For now, we will need to keep an eye on radar today as a MCS is poised to make a run for parts of the Southeast during the afternoon as a decent theta-e ridge sets up with some shear and dew points at least in the mid to upper 60s. This appears to target at least eastern TN, northern GA, and the western Carolinas. There are some rather strong to severe thunderstorms associated with that system and per latest radar trends is beginning to show these storms make a sudden turn for western KY. Any area of storms could potentially organize into several bowing segments ramping up the threat for strong wind gusts in attendance with developing cold pools and hail exceeding 2" in the strongest of storms. As the system makes its southward turn toward the Apps, they could be in the process of intensification or regeneration as it continues to run into another source of a destabilized air mass in place and such would require paying close attention.

oisshs.jpg

Had a surprise shower develop right on top of my area a couple of hours ago. It was quite inviting and lasted for about half an hour before it quickly dissipated.

The early part of next week continues to look absolutely brutal with temperatures. Highs still look to be in the upper 90s for some locations, with possibly a few reaching the dreaded 100° reading as the upper level ridge builds across the Southeast. Can't guarantee it but there may be some folks that are unfortunate enough to hit the triple digit. Thankfully as we get into the second half of next week, that ridge eventually breaks down as an expected upper trough moves in and progresses eastward. By this time, our high temperatures should return close to normalcy sometime during either Thursday or Friday.

For now, we will need to keep an eye on radar today as a MCS is poised to make a run for parts of the Southeast during the afternoon as a decent theta-e ridge sets up with some shear and dew points at least in the mid to upper 60s. This appears to target at least eastern TN, northern GA, and the western Carolinas. There are some rather strong to severe thunderstorms associated with that system and per latest radar trends is beginning to show these storms make a sudden turn for western KY. Any area of storms could potentially organize into several bowing segments ramping up the threat for strong wind gusts in attendance with developing cold pools and hail exceeding 2" in the strongest of storms. As the system makes its southward turn toward the Apps, they could be in the process of intensification or regeneration as it continues to run into another source of a destabilized air mass in place and such would require paying close attention.

Headed almost straight south http://www.daculaweather.com/ridge_mid_south_master.php

Archived