• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Business June 20-27

free_man

Okay readily admitting to reaching out in time here, but I'm thinking at least one if not too strong to severe thunderstorm outbreaks on the distant horizon. Talked about it a couple days ago when the longer range ensembles were starting to hone in onto D8-12 day range, post- breakout from the mP crap and into a more typical zonal flow.

Past few runs of the Euro are starting to shed some light onto next weekend, anyway.

The 12z gfs ensembles show signs of a flatter and more early summer-like pattern. Generally late June into July is our "primetime" before shifting up into CNE and NNE for August.

12z Euro

f168.gif

test8.gif

f168.gif

f216.gif

For now, obviously all speculation and not much detail. The UL pattern should at least return to more summer-like weather by next weekend and given the overall behavior of the season thus far, we should be rocking and rolling again soon.

VERY excited about the upcoming potential...think it could be fairly active if things work out.

The good news is we will be in the absolute peak of severe season and sun angle next week, in a notoriously dangerous year, so who knows. The U/A looks promising. There will be a few problems to look for though...including whether or not the front washes out/loses steam and height falls aren't so impressive.

f192.gif

The good news is we will be in the absolute peak of severe season and sun angle next week, in a notoriously dangerous year, so who knows. The U/A looks promising. There will be a few problems to look for though...including whether or not the front washes out/loses steam and height falls aren't so impressive.

f192.gif

One thing I don't like is the fact the the ridge actually builds further east than what we saw last time...it builds in a position where it normally does. This allows for sharper digging of the trough to our west and heights aloft to really build...this virtually gives us a unidirectional flow aloft...don't get me wrong, we can still get some decent severe like this but I don't think we'd see anything like we did earlier in the year.

This type of setup though can lead to some pretty potent squall lines, especially if there is a great deal of instability. Kind of hard though to get good lapse rates in here though with this sort of setup.

Hi! I normally post over in the Central/Western Forum as I live in Wisconsin, but next week will be traveling along the Maine Coast. What do the prospects look like for convection in that area for the system later next week at this time? Do you anticipate a decent chance for severe in that region, or does the Maine Coast present many of the same problems with instability that areas right along Lake Michigan experience?

the maine coast really isnt the place to be

Hi! I normally post over in the Central/Western Forum as I live in Wisconsin, but next week will be traveling along the Maine Coast. What do the prospects look like for convection in that area for the system later next week at this time? Do you anticipate a decent chance for severe in that region, or does the Maine Coast present many of the same problems with instability that areas right along Lake Michigan experience?

Most of the foreign models seem to bring the wf and warmer airmass in, the gfs seems to keep the wf further sw. Maybe a bias playing in? The 00z gfs ensembles seem more bullish with the warmth than the op. I still think we see strong or maybe a few severe storms later this week, at least something to track.

Archived