joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z model runs

MJO812

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its about time to break out photos and videos from last winter. Take a trip down memory lane these next few cold, but dry weeks.

Those of you really craving snow, I think its about time to map out your road trip to Erie/Chautaqua counties and Jefferson/Oswego counties up in NY. (you read my mind Snow88) .

After spending 4 years in the lake-effect snow belt region about 10 years ago, I can say it doesn't get much better than that.

Damn euro at hour 240 is a mixed bag event.

hopefully (for you all) this isn't a "cold goes out, rain comes in, rain goes out, cold comes back" storm...

That would be a major snow event initially for everyone with a changeover to PL/FZRA inland and rain at the coast, but there are numerous reasons to believe that even if that exact scenario unfolded it would evolve differently...the Euro likely holds the system back a bit too long over the central area of the US (a typical bias, although its not the classic SW U.S. bias, its probably still too slow advancing out)...as a result it allows the 50/50 low to get a tad more east and north than would probably occur...hence the storm is able to take a more inland track...if the Euro is even 300 miles to slow with the system advancing out of the Plains then the entire system is snowier....you would still see a good 4-7 inches of snow in a setup such as that for places like NYC/PHL before the changeover occurred due to the strong high which would likely allow significant overrunning...see my postings of the 12/2003 and 01/1991 events in the Euro thread which were similar to what the 12Z Euro showed.

Archived