Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Severe Weather Threat May 7th - 13th

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning y'all. Vigorous MCS system near La Crosse now. Over 3000 J/kg of CAPE across most of WI and some of northern IL already, this is gonna be a crazy day!

not a bad looking complex, lets see how it emerges from the mid morning downtime, if it can survive things might get interesting downstream.

not a bad looking complex, lets see how it emerges from the mid morning downtime, if it can survive things might get interesting downstream.

I think there's more than enough instability to prevent it from waning, but it could certainly get even stronger as the day progresses as the sun pumps energy into the air ahead of it.

Storms are starting to fire on the inflow convergence lines ahead of the MCS, shows how juicy things are. If they really get going we could easily see supercells with the shear they're forming in.

I think there's more than enough instability to prevent it from waning, but it could certainly get even stronger as the day progresses as the sun pumps energy into the air ahead of it.

Storms are starting to fire on the inflow convergence lines ahead of the MCS, shows how juicy things are. If they really get going we could easily see supercells with the shear they're forming in.

That all looks pretty elevated up there to me, i don't think we see widespread severe wx up there anytime soon. It does look like we're about to have quite the convective clusterfuuck, might mess with things further south where actual surface based instability will be decent.

Looks like D1 was shifted south a hair which is probably a good call. Hoping the northern part of that line holds together enough to graze Chicago, but it looks to be getting shredded pretty quick.

Both the 0z and 12z runs of the SPC 4km WRF have totally missed the ongoing MCS.

i'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has, parameters out ahead of it pretty much suck and given the lack of decent reports/warnings, its bark is bigger than its bite.

i'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has, parameters out ahead of it pretty much suck and given the lack of decent reports/warnings, its bark is bigger than its bite.

This rolled through around 5 AM here...40 mph winds and hail around 0.75". Nothing really too special.

Anticipating some noise here later. Could be something late this afternoon or early evening but best shot looks to be after 2 AM. With any luck it will lay down a boundary and fire something tomorrow.

The SPC WRF does fire some storms on the southwestern flank of the overnight stuff

refd_1000m_f30.gif

juicy parameters most likely going to go to waste tomorrow.

Yep, A few days ago I was excited about this event up here. The dry line bulge up into southern MN still looks interesting, but the shear doesn't look to be there to support big time super cells, It gets a little better once you get into the Mississippi River Valley between the MN/WI border..But chasing in that area can be hectic. Overall a complicated forecast up here.

It looks like as the southern extent of the batch of showers and storms approaches Milwaukee, some storms are developing just ahead. Maybe there will be some small hail with those.

might just be a brief flare up along the lake breeze convergence zone

Archived