• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
May General Banter Thread

jrips27

By this time of year I'm sick of it. It's only been 70 twice with wind on both of those days. I'm ready for flip flops and tank tops. It didn't get out of the 40's today. Cloudy and dreary. I'm sitting here by the fire. It's the middle of MAY !!!!!:gun_bandana:

BTW..... 5 days, 14 hours, 12 min, 33 sec. :sun:

You will miss it! I do hope you enjoy the warmth and sunshine!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if its anything like my graduation... they won't move it indoors unless something life threatening could occur like severe weather... at this point, I just see a potentially dreary day shaping up.

Our group was inside the Gym for graduation. I think someone said its the first time it was held indoors, it was just a pure soaker of a week in Asheville. The general public and most of the class was bummed out but the met. class was only bummed b/c the snow never quite reached the valley floor. (I think Hendersonville got an inch that week at some point--and GSP recorded a trace IRCC).

What dreary weather for my birthday. Fitting, given what a strange May this has been weather-wise.

Happy belated birthday :sun:

Ok, it's 39.2 degrees and it's raining, AND It's May 17th. Really ?

4 days, 9 hours, 44 minutes, 33 secs.

(PM me if you want a link to get a cool "Joe moves to the beach" count down meter for your desktop !)

:lol: I would like a "winter returns" count down please :lol: It's rough living so close to hell's furnace :P:(

Went to the beach over the weekend and had fabulous weather other than the one storm that came up on Saturday.Came home Tuesday to rain and temps. in the 50's.What in the world???Glad the sun has made its way out.Going to be a HOT weekend and week ahead time to switch the AC back on again.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys! It actually turned out to be a phenomenal day despite the weather. weight_lift.gif

On a related note, my grass is growing out of control and mushrooms have sprung up all over. Two consecutive days of showers and constant drizzle/mist will definitely cause that. I would complain, but I would much rather have this than a drought.

They moved the luggage and cars today and we'll fly down in the morning. B Day has finally arrived. Y'all know I don't post in the summer but for Gods sake, one of you email me if there's a hurricane coming so I can at least get out of the pool and go inside.:beer:

It was a great winter, weather wise and I really enjoyed experiencing it with you guys. It's fun to share things with people that have the same passion as you. This is one of my favorite forums.

Have a great summer and take of yourselves.:)

Temp - 52.6

Wind - calm

Sky - Clear

They moved the luggage and cars today and we'll fly down in the morning. B Day has finally arrived. Y'all know I don't post in the summer but for Gods sake, one of you email me if there's a hurricane coming so I can at least get out of the pool and go inside.:beer:

It was a great winter, weather wise and I really enjoyed experiencing it with you guys. It's fun to share things with people that have the same passion as you. This is one of my favorite forums.

Have a great summer and take of yourselves.:)

Have fun, Joe! Give my regards to Flipper :) I don't know if they get many hurricanes in Tahiti, but I wouldn't worry yourself. T

Hey guys. I hope everyone is well. If y'all don't mind, keep my Mom in your prayers. She is in the ICU at UAB. She took a bad fall and fractured both femurs. They administered pain meds and she went into pulmonary arrest and she is on a ventilator. She's just having a rough time of it and I am just so sad to see her this way. It really crushes you. Anyway, you guys know I wouldn't ask normally but your prayers are appreciated.

Greg

Hey guys. I hope everyone is well. If y'all don't mind, keep my Mom in your prayers. She is in the ICU at UAB. She took a bad fall and fractured both femurs. They administered pain meds and she went into pulmonary arrest and she is on a ventilator. She's just having a rough time of it and I am just so sad to see her this way. It really crushes you. Anyway, you guys know I wouldn't ask normally but your prayers are appreciated.

Greg

She is in my prayers. The strong bond between a mom and her children is nearly universal and is so beautiful.

Greg

Prayers sent brother!

Greg

Prayers for your Mom, stay strong!

So far it's really not that hot up here in N GA. Only hit 81 yesterday (Saturday) and so far it's only 79 near the noon hour. NICE!!!

As I drove through various soils, some wet, then dry, I always notice unbelievable differences each early Summer in NC and SC. Depending on where I am, I can literally tell where the rain has been and not been. The first few days of a heat wave can be easier to take if you've had a lot of rain. I'm sure you can tell the low level moisture eating away at potential heat. Unfortunately, when the ground moisture is zapped and you've got 594 heights, the heat is def. on. The only saving grace this heat wave is a lack of +24 temps at 850, sometimes we've had those, and then we shoot for 100+ in many spots. Hope that doesn't happen at all this Summer.

18z GFS really wants to keep the heat over the southern Apps for the next ten days or so. Seems like the weather patterns is flirting w/ a La Nina temperature pattern of sorts even though the ENSO appears somewhat neutral - big plume of warm water off of western Central America though. I'm hesitant to call that an El Nino since it seems north of where you would see a Nino. Nonetheless, I would think that a dry pattern may not develop due to the warm water off of western Central America - though it sure is now. I have no idea if the abnormal heat stays all summer. There is part of me that wonders if this warm pattern will eventually break for a month or so.

Archived