12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 25-28 rolling warmth/severe weather/convection thread

earthlight

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A video of the shelf cloud and the subsequent rain as it passed through central Queens. I sped it up 6x, it was not actually moving this fast, but posting it here for archival purposes. Not much in the way of lightining (none in the video) but I did hear a few rumbles of thunder, and the rain, although heavy, was brief. Overall, not much of an event, more bark than bite here in Queens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmxrTez69rY

This was a very typical early season setup around here. Imrpessive marine layer over and north and east of the city while areas to the west destablized with some sun.

Month or two from now, everyone would have gotten something out of the line.

That marine layer is wicked. I've never dealt with anything like that (this is my first spring in NYC).

Well, now what?

probly watch out for next week.. looks like a rain maker from a cutoff low next week or something of that matter. 18z gfs has a lot of rain unfortunately. Strong shortwave, with a strong piece of northern energy dropping down. Hopefully this doesnt happen but as of right now, Noreaster85 is in heaven

probly watch out for next week.. looks like a rain maker from a cutoff low next week or something of that matter. 18z gfs has a lot of rain unfortunately. Strong shortwave, with a strong piece of northern energy dropping down. Hopefully this doesnt happen but as of right now, Noreaster85 is in heaven

ugly....:axe:

Archived