• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
post easter warm spell

forkyfork

i am confident at least EWR will reach 80 on tuesday... however, i think most will notice the humidity more than the temperatures

gfsUS_0_30mbdewp_78.gif

'

unrestricted southerly flow from the gulf and tropical western atlantic

f96.gif

that height anomaly map would be a great pattern in sept for a hurricane landfall, btw

With high dews I fully expect fog and 50s all next week for the coast, tomorrow looks like the one warm day for us

Tomorrow still looks a little rainy. 18z GFS has about .25" rainfall by 0z Monday (tomorrow evening). I think you'll struggle to get warmer than low 60s tomorrow even with WSW winds.

I think Tuesday is the warmest day with 70s down to the coast; GFS and NAM both show some clearing that afternoon, and the 850s warm dramatically with the 1030mb Bermuda high.

Tomorrow still looks a little rainy. 18z GFS has about .25" rainfall by 0z Monday (tomorrow evening). I think you'll struggle to get warmer than low 60s tomorrow even with WSW winds.

I think Tuesday is the warmest day with 70s down to the coast; GFS and NAM both show some clearing that afternoon, and the 850s warm dramatically with the 1030mb Bermuda high.

The 0z NAM tonight looks dry most of the day tomorrow. 70s down to the coast. NAM MOS has high of 78 in EWR. The flow looks S or SSW on Tuesday, so there will probably be huge temp gradient from inland to coast again.

Can you say major leaf-out this week? I can. With several days of 70s, maybe another 80+ thrown in there, by Saturday we should be looking at a much greener picture with the larger trees leafing out. I noticed today has sped the kwanzan cherries on our block up to near bloom; they should start to blossom tomorrow.

The NAM and the SREF are dry the next two days over NY metro. The SREF then catches up on day 3 to come close to the GFS totals. The NAM has virtually no precip through its entire run. I'm not sure what the EC has but the NAM is definitly not the "wettest model" as someone labled it last week. At least not as of right now.

The NAM and the SREF are dry the next two days over NY metro. The SREF then catches up on day 3 to come close to the GFS totals. The NAM has virtually no precip through its entire run. I'm not sure what the EC has but the NAM is definitly not the "wettest model" as someone labled it last week. At least not as of right now.

what does this have to do with the warmup?

Archived