joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Paid the tolls...moving into winter

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be the one offshore causing some of the issues I think. Then, a follow up monster develops and moves east of the benchmark. This storm has also been flagged.

Looks like next weekend will be demanding our attention. Interesting that both the euro and gfs have now identified the saturday event followed by a bigger system on 12/13. Looks like SNE is bound to get some snow from at least the 1st system. One thing that looks like a sure bet is brutal cold! Wow! The problem is will the 12/13 system follow the tracks laid down by this weekend's systems. La Ninas do argue for a more offshore solution. Uggh its painful watching bombogenesis at 67 longitude!

Looks like next weekend will be demanding our attention. Interesting that both the euro and gfs have now identified the saturday event followed by a bigger system on 12/13. Looks like SNE is bound to get some snow from at least the 1st system. One thing that looks like a sure bet is brutal cold! Wow! The problem is will the 12/13 system follow the tracks laid down by this weekend's systems. La Ninas do argue for a more offshore solution. Uggh its painful watching bombogenesis at 67 longitude!

Well the last couple of Ninas have argued for a more nw solution. If anything, Ninas tend to favor more nw tracks because the se ridge is enhanced. However, we have no se ridge right now and the monster block would probably(not all the time) prevent most storms from cutting west.

It's almost like the same thing happens at 192 hours. If you remove that slop at 500mb around the NYC area...the shortwave over the Ohio valley has a better chance of turning the corner a bit sooner.

At least it looks Miller B-ish. We gotta get some snow for you since you're back here. :thumbsup:

Well the last couple of Ninas have argued for a more nw solution. If anything, Ninas tend to favor more nw tracks because the se ridge is enhanced. However, we have no se ridge right now and the monster block would probably(not all the time) prevent most storms from cutting west.

Right, no se ridge but with the pacific jet juiced up by the GOA low,the momentum is pushing these amplifying shortwaves offshore a little to quickly. Get one of these SWs to amplify and round the corner a little sooner and we'll be in business.

Some great snow signals for next weekend and some more beyond. This upcoming 2 week period could be quite amazing as the gateway into deep winter.

At least we have something within d7..lol. Hopefully the euro op looks better than previous runs.

I do agree the signals are there. Looks like Ray is violently shoving coal into the miller b train to try and fire her up.

Some isobars trending SW suggests to me that the mean is reflecting a few members with pretty big hits here that day.

Yeah I bet some members will show that. There are likely at least a few that have a stronger shortwave than what the mean shows. The ensemble mean is also deeper with the trough for storm 1 which is probably why it shows a single low instead of an inv trough. I bet some members still have the inv trough signature.

It's the GFS at day 10...the cold bias is still there...but muted. You probably still want some suppression on the model at that range.

I think you're in an outstanding snow location for this winter. Is Amy having you up there to do the shoveling? Better be nice...you could get thrown out in the spring...lol...

It's the GFS at day 10...the cold bias is still there...but muted. You probably still want some suppression on the model at that range.

We've had that for a year..lol, but I know what you mean.

Hopefully the euro comes in with something other than a fropa. The euro ensembles even suggested development near the sne coast, but the whole euro suite in general was stronger with that shortwave.

We've had that for a year..lol, but I know what you mean.

Hopefully the euro comes in with something other than a fropa. The euro ensembles even suggested development near the sne coast, but the whole euro suite in general was stronger with that shortwave.

With a more east based -NAO developing and the PAC becoming a bit more hostile, I think systems are more likely to trend north than the ridiculous conditions that existed last winter. It obviously doesn't mean they have to, but I'll take the odds on that.

Archived