joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Severe Weather 4/11/11

jrips27

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had exactly .50" in the bucket this morning. I briefly woke up to the initial line but an hour or so later we had some lightning so close to the house it was scary. I love lightning and thunder but the instantaneous stuff when I'm half asleep is no fun. The baby slept through it so that was good.

nothing here except a trace. Partly cloudy and windy now, but thats not all she wrote yet. The cold core upper low will move directly across all of w. NC through the next 10 hours, so instability showers and storms will cross the mountains, any of which could grow into heavier cells and hailers. Also, snow is possible high ridges. Don't let your guard down if your under the path of this ULL, esp around northern and western NC and VA. The next event looks much healthier for n. GA and western SC that missed out this time, arriving Friday night.

I figured it would be but how can you tell for certain. Do you have a link to current conditions? I can only ever find the daily report.

Found this: http://www.leconte-lodge.com/trailinfo.html

"As of April 12, all trails are open. There are 2-3 inches wet, heavy snow and with night temps projected in 20's and 30's the snow and snow melt will turn to ice. Ice walkers of some kind are strongly recommended. Very windy conditions are projected through Wednesday. "

Archived