• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
April 7th-10th Severe Weather

Perhaps later in the night. The problem with setting up there for initiation is the fact that there's a well-agreed upon 500mb s/w ridge that helps keep things capped that far east (and slight height rises aloft). The better height falls are further west over far SW Iowa, NW Missouri and over into E NE/KS, and this would be the region to look for initiation, imo. Storms that get going farther west will have a great environment to move into later however, so some long-lived supercells seem probable.

Edit: This is again, all based off current model consensus, which is still on the 3-day timeframe, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

6/7/09 all over again lol that stupid river.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the point of picking a target before the day 3 is even out? lol I don't get that. Things are most likely going change, and thats not including the mesoscale.

Its just fun for me and giving heads up to team the thinking of where we may go, Nothing really scientific about it.. Just fun :thumbsup:

I'm liking Northeastern Missouri/Western Illinois right now (of course the radar hole of the Midwest).

Hi first time long time, I'm a former Meteorologist, I like long walks on the beach and I'm an Aquarius.

anywho, I live south of Quincy and it's looking good for us this weekend. I agree on the radar hole, it's caused some problems in the last few years unfortunately with unwarned storms dropping tornadoes and causing damage. Glad to see it's not just mine and other weather types in this area imagination that there is a radar hole particularly in north east Missouri.

ok back to lurking...

Happy hunting everyone.

Hi first time long time, I'm a former Meteorologist, I like long walks on the beach and I'm an Aquarius.

anywho, I live south of Quincy and it's looking good for us this weekend. I agree on the radar hole, it's caused some problems in the last few years unfortunately with unwarned storms dropping tornadoes and causing damage. Glad to see it's not just mine and other weather types in this area imagination that there is a radar hole particularly in north east Missouri.

ok back to lurking...

Happy hunting everyone.

I chased in that area last weekend and it is essentially a nightmare trying to look at velocities in that area

I wasn't talking about you lol.

It would be nice to not have to deal with any rivers but that is looking highly unlikely.

No I normally dont pick towns but will be our first chase in W. Illinois. I draw target area off GR 3 and Quincy just happened to be in it.. Jeez lol :yikes:

Btw, how is the territory there in W. Illinois? Looks so so on terrain maps

Yes agreed - the area that we chased this last weekend bordered the Mississippi and of course strategizing ways to get across the river can be challenging!

Yep, 6/7/09 and 5/13/09 sucked thanks to river crossings.

thankfully last sunday we made the right call playing west of the river and west of Clinton, IA.

No I normally dont pick towns but will be our first chase in W. Illinois. I draw target area off GR 3 and Quincy just happened to be in it.. Jeez lol :yikes:

Not as flat and spacious as central IL prairie sightlines but still ok in my opinion.

Yep, 6/7/09 and 5/13/09 sucked thanks to river crossings.

thankfully last sunday we made the right call playing west of the river and west of Clinton, IA.

It worked out as we ended up playing Southern Iowa - but it still makes for a challenge. Was torn originally on what to do. We crossed at Fort Madison.

Let me guess, you were stuck between the Rulo, NE and St. Joseph, MO bridge crossings?

Ya we crossed at Rulo right at the time the second supercell was dropping 5" hail on Oregon, MO :yikes: was fun going through that town 10 mins after that lol thankfully played right behind it before taking a south option than east to get out in front of it.

Fun chase though.

If you are between the two rivers say south of Macomb you are looking at some hilly forested territory. Not great chasing real estate.

I blame that Wendy's in that town for me being sick...was a out of order sign on the Dr. Pepper there...I tried it, it seemed to taste fine and my friend moved the stcker to a different pop lol

That will teach you not to do that next time.

McDonald's across the street was better.

did you chase the first sup in southeast NE?

No, I waited for the tail end storm to develop. It was touch and go for a while as I wasn't sure it was going to work out. Turned into a goat rope crossing the river though because or the storm turning right and trying to find a south option that didn't involve dirt roads that weren't on the map.

If you are between the two rivers say south of Macomb you are looking at some hilly forested territory. Not great chasing real estate.

Looking over some topo stuff now, we like the area closer towards Springfield, just have to nail down the mesoscale then pick intercept. Hopefully we wont get into the forest there. storm motions pretty fast for this one as well

Looking over some topo stuff now, we like the area closer towards Springfield, just have to nail down the mesoscale then pick intercept. Hopefully we wont get into the forest there. storm motions pretty fast for this one as well

Springfield area is good and flat. Once you get east of the Illinois River you are in decent chase territory.

Archived