• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late Season SVR Threat (Nov 30th - Dec 1st)

WeatherNC

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WSB tv and the AJC both reporting significant damage right near the Mall of Georgia area. I live about 2 miles away from the area and may try to check it out on my way home from work. Didn't experience anything dangerous here with the exception of very heavy rain and a few rumbles of thunder, but that was about the time the damage was reported. If it verifies as tornado damage, I'll actually be very surprised that something materialized out of one of our typical wedge situations. I know that the warm front was charging north, but usually the storms run out of steam once they get to the Atlanta area.

WSB tv and the AJC both reporting significant damage right near the Mall of Georgia area. I live about 2 miles away from the area and may try to check it out on my way home from work. Didn't experience anything dangerous here with the exception of very heavy rain and a few rumbles of thunder, but that was about the time the damage was reported. If it verifies as tornado damage, I'll actually be very surprised that something materialized out of one of our typical wedge situations. I know that the warm front was charging north, but usually the storms run out of steam once they get to the Atlanta area.

Heres some video of the damage.

My link

From the 15z SREF, area of greatest sigtors does not pop until 3z, along the 77 corridor between CAE and CLT, then works ne off the NE NC coast by 12z. Looks to go right over Southern Pines eyewall, and rapidly decreasing as it gets here.

SREF_SIGTOR_MEDIAN_MXMN__f012.gif

http://www.spc.noaa....?run=2010113015

Yeah I may actually be in a solid location for this one. I won't be sleeping very much tonight for sure. Should be interesting. I am not sure if I would call you out of the woods by any means just yet.

Would also be watching that area of showers just north of Augusta. May not look like much now, but it has been slowly congealing over the last hour, and in the most favorable environment for svr development, which is out ahead of the main line and just now working into SC per the SPC meso page.

Storm around Royston Ga seems to be blossoming as well!

Cool thanks!!

No longer in Walhalla...technically in northwest Seneca(poplar springs rd.) now...black X marks the spot

To funny man..

My daughter now doing homework on her mattress in the hallway...LOL

Think the worst is gone now, had some pretty tall gusts of 40mph+ but dam the rain! Looks like we will get at least 2.5 out of this now. Listening to EMS radio... trees blocking a road 2 miles from here!!:popcorn:

Would also be watching that area of showers just north of Augusta. May not look like much now, but it has been slowly congealing over the last hour, and in the most favorable environment for svr development, which is out ahead of the main line and just now working into SC per the SPC meso page.

Your thoughts on the mess coming from Gainesville heading my way soon??

Thx

Haha.

The other week when my county had 4 TW in one night. My wife could have gave a crap. However, I did get her and our son to sit in the bathroom for one of the cells!!

What's even better is how my wife is pissed because I'm loving the excitement and not running around like a crazed looney!:lol:

And posting and sending messages left and right!

Your thoughts on the mess coming from Gainesville heading my way soon??

Thx

Your in Oconee, right? Worst (maybe?) has passed you, and is now NE of your local around Pickens. Second round around Carnesville GA may clip you as is comes in from the sw. Lots of RN for the next couple hours, but once that leading edge passed you, the atmosphere began to stabilize and will continue to from that point forward. Although that convective structure inbound is taking on a meso-low type look on radar and just svr warned, that could make it interesting for the next hour or so there.

Your in Oconee, right? Worst (maybe?) has passed you, and is now NE of your local around Pickens. Second round around Carnesville GA may clip you as is comes in from the sw. Lots of RN for the next couple hours, but once that leading edge passed you, the atmosphere began to stabilize and will continue to from that point forward. Although that convective structure inbound is taking on a meso-low type look on radar and just svr warned, that could make it interesting for the next hour or so there.

Thanks..that's what i'm watching kind of enhancing or strengthening as it enters southern Oconee...I'll take the heavy rain and put the mattress back up for now!:whistle:

Yeah I may actually be in a solid location for this one. I won't be sleeping very much tonight for sure. Should be interesting. I am not sure if I would call you out of the woods by any means just yet.

Yea scary stuff, im right below u in rockingham, looks like were in for it tonight by all the discussions and things i am reading. I cant believe no Tornado watch yet. I guess there waiting for it to get closer. i got the weather radio on and ready and text alert. Stay safe. do u think t will be as bad as they say its going to be?

WFUS52 KGSP 302350

TORGSP

GAC147-SCC007-010015-

/O.NEW.KGSP.TO.W.0044.101130T2350Z-101201T0015Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC

650 PM EST TUE NOV 30 2010

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

HART COUNTY IN NORTHEAST GEORGIA...

THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF HARTWELL...

WEST CENTRAL ANDERSON COUNTY IN UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 715 PM EST

* AT 649 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO 5 MILES WEST OF

HARTWELL...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

HARTWELL...

REED CREEK...

SADLERS CREEK STATE PARK...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

THIS TORNADO WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED BECAUSE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATES

THERE IS HIGH POTENTIAL FOR THE RAPID DEVELOPMENT OF A BRIEF...

ISOLATED TORNADO WITHIN THE WARNED AREA. MOBILE HOMES AND VEHICLES

SHOULD BE ABANDONED FOR STURDIER SHELTER. OTHERWISE...GO TO AN

INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST LEVEL OF YOUR HOME OR PLACE OF BUSINESS.

TO REPORT TORNADOES...DAMAGING WINDS...LARGE HAIL...OR FLOODING...

THROUGH OUR AUTOMATED REPORTING SYSTEM...CALL OUR TOLL FREE NUMBER...

1 8 7 7...6 3 3...6 7 7 2.

&&

LAT...LON 3427 8303 3444 8309 3448 8302 3447 8299

3455 8291 3460 8285 3440 8274

TIME...MOT...LOC 2350Z 234DEG 22KT 3437 8301

$$

MOORE

can't find much rotation with this yet, actually more impressed with the cell just to the north which should pass just south of Oconee

Archived