joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday (edit: Monday) may end up a one day torch

earthlight

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM busted by 10 degrees for my location today. Its forecast for 21z was 72 and right now we're at our high of 62. Every time the sun peeks out for a few minutes, it clouds right back up thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif.

the projections of 70 north of earthlights location really had no chance based on the morning satellite and wind direction.

The NAM busted by 10 degrees for my location today. Its forecast for 21z was 72 and right now we're at our high of 62. Every time the sun peeks out for a few minutes, it clouds right back up thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif.

Yeah, we've been socked in throughout Westchester...HPN has only made it up to 56F today with south winds coming off the ocean and the dreary low overcast. Nonetheless, it was a nice day to be outside planting the garden as the slightly muggy air and occasional glimpse of the sun made me think of summer...Looks like probably the warmest day this week considering the cold front comes through early tomorrow morning and then that Canadian high noses in with just some chilly stratiform rains and more cloud cover dominating for the rest of the week.

That's not a sea breeze - it's the warm front pushing back south temporarily. A NE sea breeze wouldn't cool things off in New Brunswick because it's coming off land.

Thanks. I hadn't looked at it closely. Saw a temperature drop and a wind shift and jumped to conclusions. :arrowhead:

Drove down to LBI this afternoon and it was torching...full sun and the car thermo was in the 80's the entire time once I got past exit 110. The beach was windy but it was still worth it.

Amazing what dramatic differences can appear within short distances around the metro area this time of year.

Amazing what dramatic differences can appear within short distances around the metro area this time of year.

Yeah it was crazy...literally once I passed exit 120 the temperature started rising and the sun was out. It was really warm down near exit 90...and then once I got off the GS Parkway and got on the beach it was colder. But it was awesome just to be able to hang out comfortably on the beach.

Yeah it was crazy...literally once I passed exit 120 the temperature started rising and the sun was out. It was really warm down near exit 90...and then once I got off the GS Parkway and got on the beach it was colder. But it was awesome just to be able to hang out comfortably on the beach.

Did you lather up and lay down to bronze?

Yeah, we've been socked in throughout Westchester...HPN has only made it up to 56F today with south winds coming off the ocean and the dreary low overcast. Nonetheless, it was a nice day to be outside planting the garden as the slightly muggy air and occasional glimpse of the sun made me think of summer...Looks like probably the warmest day this week considering the cold front comes through early tomorrow morning and then that Canadian high noses in with just some chilly stratiform rains and more cloud cover dominating for the rest of the week.

Yeah Friday and Saturday look particularly dreary, with east winds, upper 40s, and showers. Another Lakes-cutter on tap next Monday, which should give us a day in the 70s. Saturday-Sunday is tricky as the backdoor will be very close to the NYC area again. The well above normal snow cover in SE Canada and cold ocean temps is going to keep pressures high to our NE, probably a tendency for more backdoors this spring versus last year.

Yeah Friday and Saturday look particularly dreary, with east winds, upper 40s, and showers. Another Lakes-cutter on tap next Monday, which should give us a day in the 70s. Saturday-Sunday is tricky as the backdoor will be very close to the NYC area again. The well above normal snow cover in SE Canada and cold ocean temps is going to keep pressures high to our NE, probably a tendency for more backdoors this spring versus last year.

Saturday looks like a chilly day to me, still some clouds around from the weak wave passing through the area, 850s around 1-2C, which both the 12z and 18z GFS show....It probably won't be quite as cool as Friday, maybe a jump from the mid 40s to upper 40s here in Dobbs Ferry, upper 40s to low 50s for you. Then we begin to warm sector ahead of another lakes cutter, and I think we hit 70F Sunday (except right near the coast where south/southeast winds will keep things cooler) and perhaps Monday, although the front is rapidly approaching at that point so there might be more clouds/showers inhibiting the sun. Pretty normal spring regime showing up on the GFS/ECM in the longer range with some mild days in the 60s, some cooler days in the 50s, not looking like anything out of the ordinary at this point.

50 here now in southern queens

Seriously, what torch here on the south shore. I don't think it got much above that here in Long Beach. Roaring south winds do it every time. Hopefully backdoor season isn't that bad here-it certainly can be when it wants. I remember seeing the fog bank literally move in a few times and destroy the temperatures.

Nearly 60 in the city at 1am

We were 63 in KNYC at 5am this morning. And the surface warm front never really move through us. Latest models show we are going to deal with backdoor Friday and Saturday. Our next good shot of a torch is either on Sunday or Monday, with the Lakes Cutter. But the low-level flow looks mostly out of the south, if you believe the GFS. So NYC metro may not get out 60s again, while south of I-78 see 70s or higher.

Archived