• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
JB - DC to BOS 3-6 locally 12"

ChescoWx

accuwx still has not cut my pro site off--I canceled in Feb once JB left and they said they'd give me a free month but that's been up for 5 days...must be hurting over there....might pay for JB-but not until hurricane season or next fall/early winter...

Check your credit card, they may have hit it anyhow. I changed cards since last year and they shut me down immediately.

Was a customer since they started the product. Not missing it a bit.

After saying last nite that he'd have to move the heaviest snow area southeast, today he says he needs to move it northwest into the mountain and that the cities miss out on the snow thump...

gee, what a surprise...it will be april 1...events like 4/6/82 are extremely rare and the cold air for this is marginal...(Today has ended up warmer than progged)

C'mon he'll come back around....I think Friday is the first day of pay for play! If not I see he is already talking up the next cold shot mid- april....where is my credit card??

After saying last nite that he'd have to move the heaviest snow area southeast, today he says he needs to move it northwest into the mountain and that the cities miss out on the snow thump...

gee, what a surprise...it will be april 1...events like 4/6/82 are extremely rare and the cold air for this is marginal...(Today has ended up warmer than progged)

Indeed. 51 degrees here right now.

This Afternoon: A chance of rain after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Southeast wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Looks like his update now has the 6 to12" line very close to NW PHL burbs and on to the NW of the big cities. Over 12" from NE PA and NE from there. This is his snow total forecast. He says most areas in Pa and into WVA will snow and stick, then melt some, then come back with the second part. He says the deepest cover south of a line from Erie to Trenton NJ, below 1500 feet, is likely to be HALF the total snowfall. In the high ground of WVA into south central pa, elevations above 2 thousand feet may have as much on the ground as falls by Saturday morning. The big cities will be sloppy, what falls in front washed away, then perhaps back again in a backlash. Boston is a very tough call as the gradation may be 0 to 10 inches in a short distance.

In the same realm Henry M from Accu Weather just tweeted that the new Euro crushes...also CMC model has heavy snow from PA to NY.

Looks like his update now has the 6 to12" line very close to NW PHL burbs and on to the NW of the big cities. Over 12" from NE PA and NE from there. This is his snow total forecast. He says most areas in Pa and into WVA will snow and stick, then melt some, then come back with the second part. He says the deepest cover south of a line from Erie to Trenton NJ, below 1500 feet, is likely to be HALF the total snowfall. In the high ground of WVA into south central pa, elevations above 2 thousand feet may have as much on the ground as falls by Saturday morning. The big cities will be sloppy, what falls in front washed away, then perhaps back again in a backlash. Boston is a very tough call as the gradation may be 0 to 10 inches in a short distance.

In the same realm Henry M from Accu Weather just tweeted that the new Euro crushes...also CMC model has heavy snow from PA to NY.

One last piece of hype before he goes pay... :lol:

Every time someone clicks paypal on WeatherBell JB laughs to the bank...

Looks to be a massive bust based on the latest model trends...(except for the New England portion) No one near PHL is getting 6-12

JB is a professional and has a degree in Meteorology (not sure if he has an advanced/graduate degree etc.) but for that alone I respect him as I do all professionals in the field. To anyone show him less than that is....in one man's opinion not appropriate. I appreciate JBs perspective as i do other professionals like NWS members, private folks like Steve D and his fine service over at NY NJ PA weather etc. Those who follow meterology but are not professionals...understand it is far from an exact science and appreciate all the efforts of the professionals who do it for a living.

Thanks to JB and all the other great METS!

Paul

Steve D is a weenie but he at least puts a lot of thought and heart into his forecasts. Many of us bust on Steve but he isn't anywhere in the same sphere of hype as JB or DT.

JB is a hypster and the Dave Kingman of meteorologists. Prone to strike out a lot but he'll hit home runs. Folks don't remember the .200 hitting Dave Kingman...they just know he could hit the cover off the ball from time to time.

Personally, I'd prefer a Tony Gwynn (or a Tony Gigi for that matter) -- consistent, solid, you know you're going to get a good forecast -- as opposed to a guy who strikes out more than he gets on base.

I respect professionals that don't hype and have even more respect for professionals who don't pat themselves on the back. Let your forecast do the talking. People know who get it right and who don't.

Here's to real professionals who don't hype, who just shut up and forecast...

Steve D is a weenie but he at least puts a lot of thought and heart into his forecasts. Many of us bust on Steve but he isn't anywhere in the same sphere of hype as JB or DT.

JB is a hypster and the Dave Kingman of meteorologists. Prone to strike out a lot but he'll hit home runs. Folks don't remember the .200 hitting Dave Kingman...they just know he could hit the cover off the ball from time to time.

Personally, I'd prefer a Tony Gwynn (or a Tony Gigi for that matter) -- consistent, solid, you know you're going to get a good forecast -- as opposed to a guy who strikes out more than he gets on base.

I respect professionals that don't hype and have even more respect for professionals who don't pat themselves on the back. Let your forecast do the talking. People know who get it right and who don't.

Good post! Agree 100%

Clearly...you missed the whole point of my post with this reply.....

you kill it on this side of the board as well.

Clearly, you missed his as well. When was the last time Tony/Mike/Wes/Walt...and many others here hyped up a forecast? They see the models and use past and present experiences to put out a solid forecast. Do they get it wrong sometimes. Of course. The thing is, I've yet to see any of them hype nearly every potential event into the Blizzard of 96 or the March 93 Superstorm like JB seems to do on a regular basis.

Clearly you missed mine. JB is not in the same class of professionalism and performance as the NWS and other non-hypster mets and it's readily obvious to anyone except those who drink his kool aid on a regular basis.

Archived