Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
April 1st-2nd Nor'Easter Potential

Snow_Miser

Yup.

Pazzo,

there is a banter thread for this kind of stuff. Please use it.

What you posted is the same thing as one of us coming in here and saying "I think it will snow 20" on Friday". Doesnt belong in this thread.

So just to be clear, I have to think it will snow to post in this thread? We're discussing this "potential." I don't think it will snow in NYC. Where is the controversy?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Wed night and Thu - sfc temps and precip.? From the RH fields it looks like the first wave produces some precip. over the NYC area.

Precip begins Thursday morning at 2am and lasts thru Friday 8pm. Surface temps vary from 36-42 degrees and precip is light and scattered and adds up to .51" for NYC.

So just to be clear, I have to think it will snow to post in this thread? We're discussing this "potential." I don't think it will snow in NYC. Where is the controversy?

You dont have to think anything. This is a model analysis and storm thread.

Not a meteorology forecasting contest.

Use the banter thread for that.

99.9% of the nyc population hates cold and snow in the spring time. Its really depressing and makes it almost impossible to be outside. I find it really hard to believe that anyone truly would rather have a 30 degree day than a 60 degree day in April.

Pretty much everyone in the other regional forums has had it as well. Truly an anomaly in this forum.

Hey ATown.... thanks for that map.... what was the highest snowfall total in the Poconos last week? I see a blip of dark blue near Mt Pocono.

Pocono Summit was 11 inches from the PNS that i just looked at ...

As far as this system is concerned ..really not sure how anyone can make any definitive statements leaning in any direction.

We still do not have any model agreement what so ever..

ECM is showing a very strung out system kind of like the GGEM..

UKMET is AMPED up

NOGAPS is a great hit for just about all the viewing area..

GFS is kind of in between with intensity but surface is kind of warmish...

So in my honest opinion without model agreement i do not think you can lean any direction....

The one thing that i do take into consideration though is we are going from a negative NAO to a + NAO and usually this represents some kind of archambault type event ..So that kind of lends some credence towards solutions AKA the UKMET cause it is definitely a wrapped up system & aside from its been moving east ..it has been consistently wrapped up with its solution..

99.9% of the nyc population hates cold and snow in the spring time. Its really depressing and makes it almost impossible to be outside. I find it really hard to believe that anyone truly would rather have a 30 degree day than a 60 degree day in April.

not the point of this thread. take your feelings and what you want the weather to be in the banter thread. we discuss possible threats here wether its snow, rain, tornadoes, the effing end of the world. track the system and discuss is the motto pretty much. yet pazzo and guys like you come in here and hijack these threads with your "its april and i want it be warm and sunny" comments. enough! I want it to be warm and sunny too but what i want and what is happenning are two different things. take your personal feelings out of it.

Outside of Xmas, they also hate it in the winter. People who like snow are in the minority. As far as the latter portion of your statement-- it won't be 60 degrees around here for at least another week-- would you rather have 30 degrees and snow or 40 degrees and rain?

Precip begins Thursday morning at 2am and lasts thru Friday 8pm. Surface temps vary from 36-42 degrees and precip is light and scattered and adds up to .51" for NYC.

euro not showing anything significant for either storm per the thread in the philly forum. Light precip with sfc temps in the mid 30s for us I-95ers means rain or non-accumulating snow.

Already posted. Surface is upper 30's to lower 40's.

not the point of this thread. take your feelings and what you want the weather to be in the banter thread. we discuss possible threats here wether its snow, rain, tornadoes, the effing end of the world. track the system and discuss is the motto pretty much. yet pazzo and guys like you come in here and hijack these threads with your "its april and i want it be warm and sunny" comments. enough! I want it to be warm and sunny too but what i want and what is happenning are two different things. take your personal feelings out of it.

I never said I "wanted it to be warm in sunny" in this thread. I said it looks like rain for NYC. I'll probably be correct.

euro not showing anything significant for either storm per the thread in the philly forum. Light precip with sfc temps in the mid 30s for us I-95ers means rain or non-accumulating snow.

If the Euro was showing a 970mb low just inside the BM with surface and 850 temps below freezing you would find a way to discount it just the same. The Euro has shown very large run to run differences and the model spread at this point remains too large to rule any one solution off the board.

Outside of Xmas, they also hate it in the winter. People who like snow are in the minority. As far as the latter portion of your statement-- it won't be 60 degrees around here for at least another week-- would you rather have 30 degrees and snow or 40 degrees and rain?

40 and rain absolutly no question about it. Didnt have to think for even a split second. Id rather have 35 and rain then 32 and snow. Snow in april reminds me of winter where as rain is appropriate in the springtime. Also rain doesnt accumulate and keep things cold. Plus baseball season starts thursday and snow for it would be an absolute nightmare. a

40 and rain absolutly no question about it. Didnt have to think for even a split second. Id rather have 35 and rain then 32 and snow. Snow in april reminds me of winter where as rain is appropriate in the springtime. Also rain doesnt accumulate and keep things cold. Plus baseball season starts thursday and snow for it would be an absolute nightmare. a

The general public almost never wants snow but this forum generally represents the minority of people who love snow. I for one would have no problem if we never got above 30 degrees all year as long as it snowed at least once a week. I'm of the attitude that if it's cold it might as well snow and if not it should be warm and sunny. I hate those mid-winter stretches where artic high pressure is in control with freezing temps and boring weather.

Cold rain feels a lot colder than snow.....

The general public almost never wants snow but this forum generally represents the minority of people who love snow. I for one would have no problem if we never got above 30 degrees all year as long as it snowed at least once a week. I'm of the attitude that if it's cold it might as well snow and if not it should be warm and sunny. I hate those mid-winter stretches where artic high pressure is in control with freezing temps and boring weather.

The general public are also idiots. The basic level of scientific knowledge the general public has is barely above zero lol.

You are joking about anywhere correct for last week?

Looks like to the WNW of NYC there was a large area of widespread 6 + snowfall!

The map doesn't support that. Even if it did, it would be wrong. The area of 6"+ snow in NNJ was geographically and elevationally limited. I'm not saying it was confined to a single hilltop, but the use of the word "widespread" is inappropriate.

If you're talking Pa, then sure, the coverage was more extensive across the northern tier and in the Poconos. But even there the lower and mid elevations were mostly 3"-6"

LOL at Francesa trying to forecast the weather on WFAN. He interviewed Jeter and asked him if he would like it to snow on Opening Day and Jeter described 1996. And then Francesa was trying to read the forecast and it went something like this-- It looks like the high temp is going to be in the upper 20s to around 50 and where it's in the upper 20s it will snow and where it's around 50 it will rain. It looks like the snow will happen to the south of the area (?) so there will be a weird rain/snow line where it's snowing to the south and raining to the north. I LOL'ed through that entire forecast.

Archived