Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
April 1st-2nd Nor'Easter Potential

Snow_Miser

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, stop arguing, enough is enough.

This thread is for the April 1-2 Nor'easter, not the NWS performance on the 3/24 storm. Let's try to keep it on topic.

18z NAM looks very phased at 84 hours, and the DGEX confirms that it wants to bring a storm up the coast. Thicknesses are warm so it may have a hard time accumulating in areas very near the ocean.

This thread is for the April 1-2 Nor'easter, not the NWS performance on the 3/24 storm. Let's try to keep it on topic.

18z NAM looks very phased at 84 hours, and the DGEX confirms that it wants to bring a storm up the coast. Thicknesses are warm so it may have a hard time accumulating in areas very near the ocean.

Stop wasting your time. Climo says it's not happening. We should lock the thread and save everyone some time.

Thicknesses cool down rapidly between hours 114-120. So some of that 1"+ is snow. And then hours 120-126, .50"+ falls as for sure snow.

Thicknesses cool down rapidly between hours 114-120. So some of that 1"+ is snow. And then hours 120-126, .50"+ falls as for sure snow.

So its snow to rain to snow for us? Im guessing the daytime part is rain and the night time part is snow?

The run focuses on the leadoff wave and no second storm, on 12z, there are 2 waves of low pressure...Models clearly having issues

I don't think we will have 2 waves of low pressure. Me thinks it will be one and it will be the earlier timing as well. But, lets see what happens

So its snow to rain to snow for us? Im guessing the daytime part is rain and the night time part is snow?

Dgex yes.

GFS appears to be mostly rain for coast. Maybe a little during heavy CCB. Shift it 50-100 miles SE and then we're talking.

I remember april 2010 which was beatiful, warm, and delightful. Maybe we will catch a break again this year especially with the nao going positive.

+NAO isn't going to help, we need the PNA and EPO block to breakdown.

anyway, off topic...

Stop wasting your time. Climo says it's not happening. We should lock the thread and save everyone some time.

:lol:

Climo also said that I wasn't supposed to get 2.5" of snow last Wednesday. Good thing I listened to climo and didn't waste my time tracking the event.

Oh, wait...

(Not to Sundog, but to the people that many posters are having issues with): It's not just the opinion that you think it's going to rain--it's the tone that you come across with that makes it appear that that's the only possible scenario because of climo, and that we are all idiots wasting our time tracking the storm and wanting snow. Clearly, we are inferior and need to bow down to the climo robots. :rolleyes:

And for the record, I think it's going to rain, too! And most likely, I'll be correct. However, there is certainly the outside shot of snow, and I'm tracking the potential because weather is my passion.

:lol:

Climo also said that I wasn't supposed to get 2.5" of snow last Wednesday. Good thing I listened to climo and didn't waste my time tracking the event.

Oh, wait...

It's not just the opinion that you think it's going to rain--it's the tone that you come across with that makes it appear that that's the only possible scenario because of climo, and that we are all idiots wasting our time tracking the storm and wanting snow. Clearly, we are inferior and need to bow down to the climo robots. :rolleyes:

And for the record, I think it's going to rain, too! And most likely, I'll be correct. However, there is certainly the outside shot of snow, and I'm tracking the potential because weather is my passion.

You should mention what your professor thinks of "climo."

What hurts NYC via this run is mainly the 850s at 12 Z Friday

FRI 06Z 01-APR 2.3 -2.5 1002 97 98 0.32 545 544

FRI 12Z 01-APR 1.4 1.3 995 99 78 0.97 539 544

FRI 18Z 01-APR 1.0 -0.8 993 99 83 0.08 534 539

SAT 00Z 02-APR 0.8 -4.6 996 97 100 0.04 530 533

Thats when the bulk of your QPF falls...

What hurts NYC via this run is mainly the 850s at 12 Z Friday

FRI 06Z 01-APR 2.3 -2.5 1002 97 98 0.32 545 544

FRI 12Z 01-APR 1.4 1.3 995 99 78 0.97 539 544

FRI 18Z 01-APR 1.0 -0.8 993 99 83 0.08 534 539

SAT 00Z 02-APR 0.8 -4.6 996 97 100 0.04 530 533

Thats when the bulk of your QPF falls...

That's the prior 6 hours of Precip though. So at that time, 1.25"+ has already fallen.

I'm surprised soundings have surface only 34 degrees though.

LOL. DGEX is like April 1997, just 100 miles south. Not much support in ensembles for the upper low closing off that early and slowing down so much.

Archived