joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late March/Early April

weatherMA

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thread for temps or non-storm stuff.

Looks like some cold temps tomorrow. ORH may struggle to get out of the 20s and BOS may struggle to 35. Anyone have the record low maxes for tomorrow?

39.3 now from a high of 41. The average is about 48-49 this time of year.

Record low max for ORH tomorrow is 29F in 1960. I think we'll make it into the 30s though. If there was some decent cloud cover, then I think we'd have a legit chance, but it looks like plenty of sun.

That same day in 1960 had a low temp of 2F. I don't think we are going to match that. :lol:

Record low max for BOS is 30F in 1947...I'm amazed its that low.

Just a thread for temps or non-storm stuff.

Looks like some cold temps tomorrow. ORH may struggle to get out of the 20s and BOS may struggle to 35. Anyone have the record low maxes for tomorrow?

39.3 now from a high of 41. The average is about 48-49 this time of year.

BOS torched pretty well today, but the thicknesses are dropping tonight. Probably close to 40 tomorrow, I think with good mixing.

BOS torched pretty well today, but the thicknesses are dropping tonight. Probably close to 40 tomorrow, I think with good mixing.

Relatively speaking, still below average.

I think ORH sees 34F or so tomorrow with 36-37 for me at lower elevation and then 39 or so for BOS. No records but a solid -10 to -12 day for sne.

Maybe teens tonight too. Already down to 34/9

Record low max for ORH tomorrow is 29F in 1960. I think we'll make it into the 30s though. If there was some decent cloud cover, then I think we'd have a legit chance, but it looks like plenty of sun.

That same day in 1960 had a low temp of 2F. I don't think we are going to match that. :lol:

Record low max for BOS is 30F in 1947...I'm amazed its that low.

March 1960 was a crazy month, first that record-breaking Nor'easter on March 3rd with 27" here and near 30" at ACK and then record cold. I know this was one of the coldest Marches ever for much of the Mid-Atlantic and Apps:

Winter 59-60 was a mild and snowless one, however, except for March. My town only had 45" of snow on the season despite 27" in the 3/3 storm, very disappointing.

What 850s would you need for highs in the 20s now? Even with 850s around -11C this weekend, we're expecting highs around 39-40F down here, I assume you'd be maybe 5F colder. I still am amazed at how cold it is for late March after the mild spell, felt like mid-winter tonight on my delivery shift and had the heating blasting in the car. I don't even know if Westchester could have highs in the 20s anymore but it must be possible up there...actually check that, NYC had a record low max of 30F today in 1960 and 1878, so it was probably in the 20s up here.

24/8, just got back from a trip down to the lower Pioneer Valley, jeeeesh, no snow at all, scary. Left there with the temp at 36, nice to get back home to snow and cold. As I drove into my driveway and saw the snowbanks and snowpack I thought of the countless time CtBlizz cryed wolf saying my snowpack would be wiped out. It's still here and with a little luck it will get significantly deeper later this week.

Was down in SRI today (Jamestown and Newport)

Cold and pretty windy

Noticed all the snow gone south of Holden

Glad to be back in the cold

26.7F attm

Yeah that's about the line...right near Holden line over 800 ft in my area it was holding onto patches of regular cover in the shady spots. There's still some cover in protected woods too....but literally when I drive down off the hills it goes to nothing.

Archived