Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of March, Early April Threat

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure will not let it happen, if I have anything to say about it! Time to work in the yard and enjoy the mosquitos and the green grass and the birds!

I'll take snow any time I can get it. There will be plenty of time for that other stuff. BTW, the Yankees open at home next Thursday. What are the chances of having a snow out during that first series?:P

06zdgex850mbTSLPp06186.gif

Certainly a modest threat for this time period.....long way to go but having multiple GFS and Euro runs on our side (together) this far out is a bit out of the norm....But does that really lead to a higher potential one week out??? And remember, in early April, we'll probably need 850's around -4 or so do get daytime snows for the majority of any potential storm, to overcome strong BL warming.....

GFS Ens mean (and a quick peak at the ind. members) shows quite a split....differences are in the timing of the trailing "kicker/phaser" wave....some jam our intial wave south of us, some phase nicely for us, and others phase early and provide the upper lakes region with the late season goodies...which leads to an unrealistic coupling of the mean LP and 850 temp profiles a week from now....

00zgfsensemble850mbTSLPNA204.gif

I'll take snow any time I can get it. There will be plenty of time for that other stuff. BTW, the Yankees open at home next Thursday. What are the chances of having a snow out during that first series?:P

It almost always seems that there is some winter weather threat around the start of the MLB season.

06zdgex850mbTSLPp06186.gif

Certainly a modest threat for this time period.....long way to go but having multiple GFS and Euro runs on our side (together) this far out is a bit out of the norm....But does that really lead to a higher potential one week out??? And remember, in early April, we'll probably need 850's around -4 or so do get daytime snows for the majority of any potential storm, to overcome strong BL warming.....

I would think that if there is a very strong and deep C/O low aloft from H7 upward someone will do very good on this system. Majority of late Mar and April (even the rare May snowfall) have a very dynamic cut-off low aloft.

UK 00z run trending in similar solution as EC perhaps a bit more S & E on both primary and 2ndary LP's. Keep in mind UK tends to do very well with Spring cut-offs over the EUS

The yankee season opener has been snowed out before.

Archived