Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of March, Early April Threat

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realized BGM re-issued the warnings around 10PM for the western Catskills, even after the 0z NAM rang in practically dry W of the Hudson. The new warning statement reads 4-6"... down from the earlier reduction of 4-9", which was already bare minimum warning criteria.

I really don't understand what the premise is here for maintaining the headlines, let alone full-blown Warnings. This threat is o-v-e-r... over across C NY. Time to accept the inevitable and move on.

Some sprinkles of rain here at 559 feet. May drain the gas outta the snowblower and

get the lawn roller ready this weekend. Probably a stupid thing to do but oh well.

scooter.gif

Surprised there are still a few patches of snow from last week here and there in the woods too.

Dec 1992 = downslopapalooza........12-18" forecast in Albany and woke up to 40F and drizzle. When winds shifted to north in afternoon we got a quick 5". All the schools were closed.

Big snow busts are exhausting....so much time invested, so little return.

One of the biggest busts I can remember, even yday morning NWS had 8-16 inches for the LG region, looks like a coating at best

It looks a major bust back home eh. From what hear no more than 2 inches around my place near Delanson. I see on radar it has popped up again there....

I'm in Canaan Valley, WV where it's 26F with snow, 2.5 inches or so. Always nice at 3K feet. I'm hanging out here today before I head down to Silver Spring, MD tomorrow to visit relatives.

Super busty up here.....probably cause you left....you took the snow magic with you :P

It looks a major bust back home eh. From what hear no more than 2 inches around my place near Delanson. I see on radar it has popped up again there....

I'm in Canaan Valley, WV where it's 26F with snow, 2.5 inches or so. Always nice at 3K feet. I'm hanging out here today before I head down to Silver Spring, MD tomorrow to visit relatives.

Well we have had quite a surprise up here on the SU hill!!! Got a lucky heavy burst, and it flipped to all snow!!! Been this way for a couple hours!! Meso scale FTW!!!!!! Radar not doing it justice, that's for sure!!

1208101202.jpg

; )

Same here very sloppy mess this morning.

IMG00465-20110307-1207.jpg

I can only remember 1 storm in my life that was worse..A similar size storm predicted the night before for NYC . Not a flake fell

January 2008.

NYC had a Heavy Snow Warning with 6-12 inches of snow expected. Not even 1 flake fell. What a disaster.

Archived