joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/10-3/11 Storm

Thunder Road

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenn seems bullish. Calling for 2-4 inches ON AVERAGE he said, and showed a map that had the Schuylkill headwaters getting up to 6 inches of rain

Six inches in the Schuylkill watershed will flood Reading, Pottstown and Philly along Fairmont park. Channel 10 better start preparing to cover this historical flooding and EM managers throughout the Delaware and Schuylkill/Susquehanna Rivers be prepared. Six inches of rain on top of the 2-3 inches earlier this week would indeed be historical- definitely more than Floyd and approaching Agnes flooding levels. That is pretty gutsy of Glen to say that. That is like saying it will snow 36 plus inches in Tamaqua. I do trust Glen though. Well I could not resist

Six inches in the Schuylkill watershed will flood Reading, Pottstown and Philly along Fairmont park. Channel 10 better start preparing to cover this historical flooding and EM managers throughout the Delaware and Schuylkill/Susquehanna Rivers be prepared. Six inches of rain on top of the 2-3 inches earlier this week would indeed be historical- definitely more than Floyd and approaching Agnes flooding levels. That is pretty gutsy of Glen to say that. That is like saying it will snow 36 plus inches in Tamaqua. I do trust Glen though. Well I could not resist

Not one model is showing 6 inches of rain, and most have cut back to 3.5 at the most. IMO 6 is pushing it just a bit. I could easily see 3-4, but I doubt anybody sees 6 inches out of this, barring training thunderstorms, that sit over your area for hours and hours.

0z GGEM looks even wetter than 12z, but the b&w charts have such huge QPF ranges that I will check Allan's maps in the morning to confirm.

I counted up to 135mm (using all maxima from all hours) which = 5.31"

I doubt anyone actually sees that much, but that's the maximum.

Agree. Glenn was showing a computer model-generated map, it must be their in-house thing.

Still though he's really hyping it quite a bit.

Wow!

0z GGEM gives Philly 80-110mm, or 3.15"-4.33" of rain

western burbs get 90-115mm, or 3.54"-4.52"

Canadian has been the wettest of all lately. Mike also said it verified best with Sunday's storm, let's see how it does with this one. Those kinds of totals mean historic flooding. I'm not on the historic flooding train (or should I say boat?) but major flooding looks likely.

Glenn seems bullish. Calling for 2-4 inches ON AVERAGE he said, and showed a map that had the Schuylkill headwaters getting up to 6 inches of rain

:o

That's me. The Main Stem Schuylkill River is about a five foot wide creek that runs behind where I park my dump truck in Brockton. The Little Schuylkill River runs right through Tamaqua after getting it's start just north of town. Will that 6 inches verify? Who knows? But if it does, it spells major problems as the ground is super saturated, and there is still some leftover snow on the ground from Monday's little event.

Agree. Glenn was showing a computer model-generated map, it must be their in-house thing.

Still though he's really hyping it quite a bit.

I trust Glenn's hyping much more than say, Henry M. or Joe B, just sayin'. Is it likely? Probably not. But is it POSSIBLE? I'd say maybe.

:o

That's me. The Main Stem Schuylkill River is about a five foot wide creek that runs behind where I park my dump truck in Brockton. The Little Schuylkill River runs right through Tamaqua after getting it's start just north of town. Will that 6 inches verify? Who knows? But if it does, it spells major problems as the ground is super saturated, and there is still some leftover snow on the ground from Monday's little event.

Wow, I didn't know that was the Schuykill. Some years ago my brother-in-law who lived in Brockton took me down

to that stream to show me pipes that drained into it from Brockton that had toilet paper and other 'goodies' hanging off the

pipe.

Wow, I didn't know that was the Schuykill. Some years ago my brother-in-law who lived in Brockton took me down

to that stream to show me pipes that drained into it from Brockton that had toilet paper and other 'goodies' hanging off the

pipe.

You should see the Wabash and Panther Creek that runs through Tamaqua. Panther creek used to be calle "old blacky"

New MARFC forecasts are out. Widespread flooding in SE PA.

See http://water.weather...dex.php?wfo=phi

Schuylkill River at Philadelphia -

Exceed Action Stage (10.0 feet) by 10 pm on Thursday

Exceed Flood Stage (11.0 feet) by 2 am on Friday

Crest of 12.6 feet by 2 pm on Friday

This would be the #10 crest all time on the Schuylkill, just behind the event last September 30 - October 1.

Other

Moderate flooding forecast:

Neshaminy at Langhorne

Minor flooding forecast (most streams approaching moderate levels):

Other Schuylkill River points

Brandywine at Chadds Ford

Perkiomen at Graterford

Archived