wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
March 2011 general obs/discussion thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was pissed when we had to leave 4 days early from Ashland yesterday in case my dad had to salt or w/e at the airport.. Ashland was forecasted for 12"+ and MKE probably ended up with more snow :arrowhead:

Green Bay got smoked and might have taken over the departure from normal lead in the MW for the time being. Good yr to be a snow weenie and Pack fan living in GB. 18" snow depth up there :angry:

What a waste of cold down here coming up. can't even ice fish either. At least the mother nature will have the news folks whining instead of gushing over spring warmth.. Looking forward to this below normal spring temps continuing after last yrs debacle of warmth. LM prob still in the upper 30's so I envision lots of days to come when it does warm up for a few days here and there where BadgerBlizz is perving out his window at the female coeds starting to bare themselves while in his easy access boxer shorts.. DaddyD will be lounging in his greenhouse sauna in nothing but his skidder stained whiteys... Tropical Saukville will be running the heat on 80 with temps in the 40's until we warm up around mothers day.

What a waste of cold down here coming up. can't even ice fish either. At least the mother nature will have the news folks whining instead of gushing over spring warmth.. Looking forward to this below normal spring temps continuing after last yrs debacle of warmth. LM prob still in the upper 30's so I envision lots of days to come when it does warm up for a few days here and there where BadgerBlizz is perving out his window at the female coeds starting to bare themselves while in his easy access boxer shorts.. DaddyD will be lounging in his greenhouse sauna in nothing but his skidder stained whiteys... Tropical Saukville will be running the heat on 80 with temps in the 40's until we warm up around mothers day.

Takes a lot to make me burst out in laughter from just reading something on the internet. Congrats.

Look like as we head into the 5th or so of April...finally! that the dreaded raging pna takes a sh*t and heads waaaay down into negative territiory, With the AO safely positive and the Nao trending to positive albeit slightly, could mean a nice torch might be on tap in about 2 weeks or so. Could see 90 degree temps around Kokomo, Wi possibly.

http://www.cpc.ncep....a/pna.sprd2.gif

Look like as we head into the 5th or so of April...finally! that the dreaded raging pna takes a sh*t and heads waaaay down into negative territiory, With the AO safely positive and the Nao trending to positive albeit slightly, could mean a nice torch might be on tap in about 2 weeks or so. Could see 90 degree temps around Kokomo, Wi possibly.

http://www.cpc.ncep....a/pna.sprd2.gif

Bring it on, granted I'm expecting a modified torch (70s maybe?). It's too early for 90s this far north and east.

Bring it on, granted I'm expecting a modified torch (70s maybe?). It's too early for 90s this far north and east.

70s sounds more reasonable, mid to upper 60s would still be 10-15 above normal by then too. 90s have about a 0.001% chance of occurring.

Heading up to Bago to ice fish this morning. 13 up there now and will be perfect temps for the mile or two of walking out to where we will be fishing. Now that there is no safe ice down here to fish on I'm really torn whether i want spring to come or continue to see the warminista's suffer around here.. Since winter has basically sucked here since the blizz I'll go with the latter.

Looks like a repeat of the weenie LES like yesterday continuing through this weekend.

Heading up to Bago to ice fish this morning. 13 up there now and will be perfect temps for the mile or two of walking out to where we will be fishing. Now that there is no safe ice down here to fish on I'm really torn whether i want spring to come or continue to see the warminista's suffer around here.. Since winter has basically sucked here since the blizz I'll go with the latter.

Looks like a repeat of the weenie LES like yesterday continuing through this weekend.

Damn 13 degrees, very impressive arctic cold for this time of year.

Today marks the one month anniversary of our last measurable snow. Had 0.2" on Feb 26th. So far a trace in March. Looks like we'll end March with no measurable snow. March usually sucks for snow around here, except the rare storm, but it's pretty unusual to see no accumulating snow for the entire month.

LOT on the LES...

LIKE RUNNING INTO SANTA CLAUS AT THE MALL IN MARCH...OUR FRIEND

JACQUES LES PLUME IS MAKING A FEW OUT SEASON CAMEOS. THE IMPRESSIVE

LAKE EFFECT SNOW PLUME THAT HIT SE WI THIS MORNING HAS BEGUN TO FADE

WITH LOSS OF LAND BREEZE CONVERGENCE...BUT DID SEE SOME FAIRLY

INTENSE SNOWFALL IN THAT BAND WITH VSBY OCCASIONALLY DOWN TO 1/2SM

IN MODERATE SNOW. INTERESTINGLY...THE YESTERDAY AND THE PREVIOUS DAY

MODELS REALLY WARRANT SHOWING A LOW LEVEL CONVERGENT BAND

DEVELOPING...HOWEVER THIS MORNINGS 12Z MODELS ARE SHOWING A WELL

DEVELOPED CONVERGENCE BAND DEVELOPING TONIGHT AND TAKING AIM ON FAR

SE WI AND THE NORTH AND NORTHWEST SUBURBS OF CHICAGO.

THERMODYNAMICALLY SPEAKING...FORECAST SOUNDINGS OVER THE LAKE FOR

SUNDAY MORNING LOOK NEARLY IDENTICAL TO THIS MORNING. WOULD EXPECT

LAND BREEZE CONVERGENCE TO BE A BIT STRONGER SUNDAY MORNING GIVEN

THE SIGNAL IN THE MODELS...WHICH WOULD SUGGEST THAT JACQUES LES

PLUME WILL BE EQUALLY AS IMPRESSIVE...IF NOT MORE SO...SUNDAY

MORNING. LOW LEVEL FLOW SUNDAY MORNING WOULD TEND TO FAVOR A MORE

SOUTHWARD PLACEMENT OF THE LAKE EFFECT...PLACING AT LEAST THE

NORTHERN SUBURBS IN THE LINE OF FIRE. HARD TO GET SOME GOOD ACCUMS

THIS TIME OF YEAR WITH WARMER GROUND AND HIGH SUN ANGLE...SO NOT

EXPECTING ADVISORY LEVEL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS. HOWEVER...TONIGHT INTO

SUNDAY MORNING WOULD NOT BE AT ALL SURPRISED TO SEE WET SNOW

ACCUMULATE UP TO AN INCH OR TWO ON GRASSY SURFACES. PINPOINTING

LOCATIONS MOST AT RISK FOR LAKE EFFECT IS NO EASIER IN THE SPRING

THAN IT IS IN THE WINTER...SO DID SPREAD CHC POPS AS FAR SOUTH AS

CHICAGO.

IZZI

LOT on the LES...

LIKE RUNNING INTO SANTA CLAUS AT THE MALL IN MARCH...OUR FRIEND

JACQUES LES PLUME IS MAKING A FEW OUT SEASON CAMEOS. THE IMPRESSIVE

LAKE EFFECT SNOW PLUME THAT HIT SE WI THIS MORNING HAS BEGUN TO FADE

WITH LOSS OF LAND BREEZE CONVERGENCE...BUT DID SEE SOME FAIRLY

INTENSE SNOWFALL IN THAT BAND WITH VSBY OCCASIONALLY DOWN TO 1/2SM

IN MODERATE SNOW. INTERESTINGLY...THE YESTERDAY AND THE PREVIOUS DAY

MODELS REALLY WARRANT SHOWING A LOW LEVEL CONVERGENT BAND

DEVELOPING...HOWEVER THIS MORNINGS 12Z MODELS ARE SHOWING A WELL

DEVELOPED CONVERGENCE BAND DEVELOPING TONIGHT AND TAKING AIM ON FAR

SE WI AND THE NORTH AND NORTHWEST SUBURBS OF CHICAGO.

THERMODYNAMICALLY SPEAKING...FORECAST SOUNDINGS OVER THE LAKE FOR

SUNDAY MORNING LOOK NEARLY IDENTICAL TO THIS MORNING. WOULD EXPECT

LAND BREEZE CONVERGENCE TO BE A BIT STRONGER SUNDAY MORNING GIVEN

THE SIGNAL IN THE MODELS...WHICH WOULD SUGGEST THAT JACQUES LES

PLUME WILL BE EQUALLY AS IMPRESSIVE...IF NOT MORE SO...SUNDAY

MORNING. LOW LEVEL FLOW SUNDAY MORNING WOULD TEND TO FAVOR A MORE

SOUTHWARD PLACEMENT OF THE LAKE EFFECT...PLACING AT LEAST THE

NORTHERN SUBURBS IN THE LINE OF FIRE. HARD TO GET SOME GOOD ACCUMS

THIS TIME OF YEAR WITH WARMER GROUND AND HIGH SUN ANGLE...SO NOT

EXPECTING ADVISORY LEVEL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS. HOWEVER...TONIGHT INTO

SUNDAY MORNING WOULD NOT BE AT ALL SURPRISED TO SEE WET SNOW

ACCUMULATE UP TO AN INCH OR TWO ON GRASSY SURFACES. PINPOINTING

LOCATIONS MOST AT RISK FOR LAKE EFFECT IS NO EASIER IN THE SPRING

THAN IT IS IN THE WINTER...SO DID SPREAD CHC POPS AS FAR SOUTH AS

CHICAGO.

IZZI

Reminds me of that Christmas LE event of this winter although obviously not as impressive. Hopefully we get in on that band though. LOT bumped up pops to 80%.

Archived