• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
feb 27-28 potential winter storm

earthlight

with the light snowfall from this morning in the books, i figured we could create a talk, discuss, banter about the next potential event which is about a week away. the dgex, gfs, and to extent the globals have shown the potential for a northern stream feature to dive southeastward with the potential for coastal redevelopment. the track and intensity of the shortwave is obviously highly suspect at this point--the guidance is having some serious trouble in this pattern.

we have a cutter to get through mid-week prior to this storm, so we've got plenty of time, but i'll take it. lets kick it off with the 18z/21 dgex.

f150.gif

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with the light snowfall from this morning in the books, i figured we could create a talk, discuss, banter about the next potential event which is about a week away. the dgex, gfs, and to extent the globals have shown the potential for a northern stream feature to dive southeastward with the potential for coastal redevelopment. the track and intensity of the shortwave is obviously highly suspect at this point--the guidance is having some serious trouble in this pattern.

we have a cutter to get through mid-week prior to this storm, so we've got plenty of time, but i'll take it. lets kick it off with the 18z/21 dgex.

:unsure:

cmc had a much less amplified system than what the euro is showing, like the gfs. We may see this trend East still but it will likely remain a rainy system for us either way.

Yeah, really no cold air source with a high off the coast and nothing to keep this storm from staying southeast of us..bad combination. :(

The pattern argues clearly that Friday is wet and not white. With no blocking, no polar vortex, and no Canadian high it will be impossible to overcome the horrible setup at H5 and the SE ridging. Think Friday will be warm and rainy.

I am curious to see how the models handle the system that this thread pertains to. Going to need something upstream to force the northern shortwave to dig and move SE of NYC. If that can happen then it is conceivable that it could spawn a secondary/coastal development, but I need to see the models develop the necessary features for this to happen, before I believe such a solution. Things need to change plain and simple.

Hr 156 we are staring down the barrel of a big time rain storm :lightning:

yea...looks like it. just the other day i thought there we signs for a big one ie mix along the coast and heavy snow just to the NW of the cities but gfs and euro show big rains. atlantic is crap. i wasted 45min of my life and the boards precious space on a really bad thread lol.

yea...looks like it. just the other day i thought there we signs for a big one ie mix along the coast and heavy snow just to the NW of the cities but gfs and euro show big rains. atlantic is crap. i wasted 45min of my life and the boards precious space on a really bad thread lol.

lol..hey you win some and lose some...hopefully sunday we see some snow.....right now out 172 hrs out the pattern looks like crap.....

Archived