Newest Member
    12bet1 net
feb 27-28 potential winter storm

earthlight

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont get peoples obsession with heat.

I'll take 70-80 with low humidity and thats about it.

90+ is just too much, I hate that warm sweaty feeling and you cant do anything to escape it. I like heat when its comforting, not unbearable with high humidity and high temps.

My limit is

85-90 with low humidity

75-80 with high humidity

anything more is torture.

OK guys, the first day where the avg high in NYC reaches...

50 - March 16

60 - April 13

70 - May 12

80 - June 18

90+ - summer '10

let's do this people.

That's too slow-- here is what I want:

April 7 - 90

May 19 - severe wx outbreak, tornadoes

May 23 - 95

June 25 - 98

July 4 - 100 (hot as a firecracker)

July 6 - 105

August 10 - 100

September 1 - 98

September 6 - severe wx outbreak, tornadoes

September 10 - 95

September 23 - 90

September 27 - hurricane

October 4 - severe wx outbreak, tornadoes

October 31-- snowicane

November 23 - first snowstorm

Dec 4 - first blizzard

Dec 25 - second blizzard

...... to be continued next year ;)

I dont get peoples obsession with heat.

I'll take 70-80 with low humidity and thats about it.

90+ is just too much, I hate that warm sweaty feeling and you cant do anything to escape it. I like heat when its comforting, not unbearable with high humidity and high temps.

My limit is

85-90 with low humidity

75-80 with high humidity

anything more is torture.

I second this sentiment. It's even too hot for the girls in bikinis at that point. So it's a lose - lose

:lmao: Depends how old they are, I'm not too big on seeing grandma in a thong

ewwww lol. Good thing it's too early for dinner!

I know that where you are, it never really gets as hot as we do out further west on the Island. So, if you dont like heat, it's good to be out on the east end, where it's usually in the 80s while its 95-100 back here.

ewwww lol. Good thing it's too early for dinner!

I know that where you are, it never really gets as hot as we do out further west on the Island. So, if you dont like heat, it's good to be out on the east end, where it's usually in the 80s while its 95-100 back here.

Lol, what sucks is Riverhead is like the "hot spot" during the summer out here. We'll hit 100 here while south shore areas are cooler.

Lol, what sucks is Riverhead is like the "hot spot" during the summer out here. We'll hit 100 here while south shore areas are cooler.

Are you near the co-op where they measure snow? I think its called Riverhead Research Farm. I've been wondering what kind of research one does on a farm lol.

Are you near the co-op where they measure snow? I think its called Riverhead Research Farm. I've been wondering what kind of research one does on a farm lol.

No, lol. Thats a good question. I'm in the Riverhead fire department though, so we get tours of some places sometimes. If I ever see the place I'll let you know.

summer is dreadfully long and painfully humid here as it stands.

I don't really think summer in this area is "dreadfully long"...it is about what it should be, given the latitude. Not all summers were like the last one. Go to the SE coast of the U.S....now those are long summers.

I mean, if someone was to say to me "who has a cooler summer than Long Island east of the Mississippi River?"...I'd say, "Most of New England and upstate NY, most of Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota...and the high areas in the Appalachians...and that's basically it...every one else east of the River is probably hotter.

Nobody cares that there is a storm threat on Sunday. Instead we are discussing heat in summer in a thread titled feb.27-feb.28 storm threat.

I care as I am at 58.2" of snow for the season and need 1.8" for 5 feet...but there was a comment in the thread with which I took issue and offered a response....the Sunday event wil likely not be a compelling one...maybe 1 to 3 inches...thus you have to expect for a thread "dedicated" to it go off on tangents every once in a while...

I care as I am at 58.2" of snow for the season and need 1.8" for 5 feet...but there was a comment in the thread with which I took issue and offered a response....the Sunday event wil likely not be a compelling one...maybe 1 to 3 inches...thus you have to expect for a thread "dedicated" to it go off on tangents every once in a while...

1"-3" is very nice in a pattern this horrid. I'm thrilled with any snow.

This is a storm thread for this specific threat.

It's annoying that only the American models are showing real QPF of over .25". While all the rest of the globals have next to no precip.

We'll know by 12z tomorrow which way this is leaning. Hoping the American models have a clue.

Also, Feb. 27th is my bday! Would love to add even 1" on that day. Last year I got the best present ever with the massive snowicane.

It's annoying that only the American models are showing real QPF of over .25". While all the rest of the globals have next to no precip.

We'll know by 12z tomorrow which way this is leaning. Hoping the American models have a clue.

Also, Feb. 27th is my bday! Would love to add even 1" on that day. Last year I got the best present ever with the massive snowicane.

Happy early B-day....Just that no one is sure yet about this one. GFS + NAM would like to bring a lil something around. SREFS are mostly north of the area, GFS ensembles are also mostly north of the OP so we'll see. I haven't really seen what the EURO says.

Exactly, any snow in this pattern is a miracle.

Im just glad it took this long for the nina to get her act together....

Imagine if we were seeing this pattern in early december? Mass weenie panic scooter.gif

Nobody cares that there is a storm threat on Sunday. Instead we are discussing heat in summer in a thread titled feb.27-feb.28 storm threat.

Well,

We just lost 2 of the American models.

See what happens...

12z EC has approximately 0.1" for NYC with more further north...

I do think it's a 1-3" event for most, especially those north of the City, where climo is in their favor.

12Z NAM still shows snow event coming in from 42-54 hours....best snow based on 850 temps would still be just north of NYC but this one has potential, especially given the hinting of the surface low developing as the wave nears the coast...this is fairly similar to 1/26/94 although the high is not as strong and hence the overrunning is not quite to that level.

12Z NAM still shows snow event coming in from 42-54 hours....best snow based on 850 temps would still be just north of NYC but this one has potential, especially given the hinting of the surface low developing as the wave nears the coast...this is fairly similar to 1/26/94 although the high is not as strong and hence the overrunning is not quite to that level.

agree. Look for this to continue to slip south on the gfs and european guidance. NYC north looks good.

SUNY MM5 12z indicates temperatures are at best borderline for NYC and L.I. for Sunday morning event, though it is still a little outside its highly accurate (within 36 hrs) range.

Archived