Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
JB says back of winter is broken

In Dec., didnt JB say that winter would end at New Years

In Jan didn't JB say that winter would end at the end of the month

In February JB is saying Winter will end this month.

Eventually he will be right.

True, back in early January or even late Dec, he made that idiot peom/limerick about winter being over; sure enough we had like 6 feet of snow.

this winter season has produced possibly the most disastrous forecasting by JB since I've followed him over the past 10 years. Almost to a tee, the opposite of everything he's predicted in the short, medium, and long range has occurred. The cherry on top of this disaster sundae has to have been his call last last week, including a special video, that this current week would feature the most severe winter wx nationwide of any February in 50 years, complete with the prospects for a superstorm and analogies to nuclear armaggedon. Most shockingly he managed to fail in an area I never thought was possible for him, missing the forecast, (until a couple days out), on a DC snowstorm two weeks ago.

He cut two videos yesterday (sunday), and he looked and sounded absolutely defeated. He mentioned he's heading to Florida in March. Probably should leave sooner and take some more time off.

this winter season has produced possibly the most disastrous forecasting by JB since I've followed him over the past 10 years. Almost to a tee, the opposite of everything he's predicted in the short, medium, and long range has occurred. The cherry on top of this disaster sundae has to have been his call last last week, including a special video, that this current week would feature the most severe winter wx nationwide of any February in 50 years, complete with the prospects for a superstorm and analogies to nuclear armaggedon. Most shockingly he managed to fail in an area I never thought was possible for him, missing the forecast, (until a couple days out), on a DC snowstorm two weeks ago.

He cut two videos yesterday (sunday), and he looked and sounded absolutely defeated. He mentioned he's heading to Florida in March. Probably should leave sooner and take some more time off.

maybe he can take LC with him :guitar:

lol LC crashed and burned on the phantom storm this week too, however at least he nailed the ones before that pretty close. Just curious, you've followed JB as long as i have, would you agree this was his worst season yet?
Easily his worst bust of all time--outside of the 01-02 disaster..the only saving grace for him (At least from the perspective of most on this board) is that he busted colder and snowier on a warm forecast for Jan/Feb. Instead, most got 6 weeks of harsh/severe weather with historic snows from Philly north...The 1/26 storm he really busted on, called for mainly rain in the cities, instead they got 15-20 inches <BR>-<BR>saving grace for him is that he realized the bust early vs 01-02 where he hung onto the cold/snow idea until Mid Feb....

lol LC crashed and burned on the phantom storm this week too, however at least he nailed the ones before that pretty close.

Just curious, you've followed JB as long as i have, would you agree this was his worst season yet?

he is good only when its a weak el nino with a southern stream...but then so is everyone else

He isnt as good as he used to be and this has been his worst season from a long range and a short term perspecitve.

and this has to be making him nervous--nasty -NAO developing

gfs_500_372s.gif

:lol:

Easily his worst bust of all time--outside of the 01-02 disaster..the only saving grace for him (At least from the perspective of most on this board) is that he busted colder and snowier on a warm forecast for Jan/Feb. Instead, most got 6 weeks of harsh/severe weather with historic snows from Philly north...The 1/26 storm he really busted on, called for mainly rain in the cities, instead they got 15-20 inches <BR>-<BR>saving grace for him is that he realized the bust early vs 01-02 where he hung onto the cold/snow idea until Mid Feb....

JB really has had a bad year and he isn't as good overall as he sued to be. I remember back in the period 2002-2005, he sued to have zone forecasts, which he would update every Friday. He now seems to spend half his time talking about his family on his videos.

JB really has had a bad year and he isn't as good overall as he sued to be. I remember back in the period 2002-2005, he sued to have zone forecasts, which he would update every Friday. He now seems to spend half his time talking about his family on his videos.

actually zone forecasts came out saturday mornings :P ....but yea, i miss those too

he actually cut a special big dog video a couple days ago entitled "Garretts birthday big dog" (his son), then used most of the vid to discuss the story behind his son's birth. A tad narcissitic don't ya think? I mean really JB, no offense but to assume your readers and subscribers are that interested in your family's personal life is a little....ummm....weird.

actually zone forecasts came out saturday mornings :P ....but yea, i miss those too

he actually cut a special big dog video a couple days ago entitled "Garretts birthday big dog" (his son), then used most of the vid to discuss the story behind his son's birth. A tad narcissitic don't ya think? I mean really JB, no offense but to assume your readers and subscribers are that interested in your family's personal life is a little....ummm....weird.

:lmao:

He's got a whole post on there this evening about how all his 3-6 calls for his area have busted and he is embarrassed that he keeps telling his son 3-6....maybe he should say 0 for a change and be right....

entitled "i love my son and still love the weather"

not sure what he was going for here. Apparently we are suppose to sympathize with his anguish in telling his son for the third time they would get a snowstorm and it didn't happen. He disappointed his son. He loves his son.

My prayers are with you Joe, be strong

lol LC crashed and burned on the phantom storm this week too, however at least he nailed the ones before that pretty close.

Just curious, you've followed JB as long as i have, would you agree this was his worst season yet?

Nahhhh, he's having a great year. Even today, just as soon as he says winter's back is broken, the Euro Ensembles are slipping colder at the end. Maybe he would do well to express the various possibilities instead of contuing to dictate how it is going to be so definitely...perhaps???

Lundberg's almost as bad with his ''Bike'' reports.

While I respect JB for his accomplishments, this winter was a horrible call. I can't lay all the blame totally on him, the stratospheric warming event that took hold through the heart of winter was hard to predict and the magnitude was surprising. Yes winter's back will be broken, heck in 2 weeks we will have increased our daylight by nearly 35 minutes so the foundation to seasonal warming is well underway. I am not so sure that areas south of I-40 are through with winter either. While I do not see any blockbuster storms anytime soon, the clipper pattern certainly looks to stay active all March long to me with some breaks as you would expect, but overall nina springs are not very nice for the northern 2/3 of the country usually. Yeah JB get's an F score from me. Oh and by the way the sun's angle on Feb 10th is the same angle it's at on Halloween.popcorn.gif

Let's hope he's right. The overwhelming majority of people are sick and tired of Winter and are looking forward to Spring.

One can only hope, I know that historically Mar and Apr tend to feature strong north Atlantic blocking which can keep things colder than normal around my neck of America, not sure we see a repeat of last years spring but I'm with you about spring.

While I respect JB for his accomplishments, this winter was a horrible call. I can't lay all the blame totally on him, the stratospheric warming event that took hold through the heart of winter was hard to predict and the magnitude was surprising. Yes winter's back will be broken, heck in 2 weeks we will have increased our daylight by nearly 35 minutes so the foundation to seasonal warming is well underway. I am not so sure that areas south of I-40 are through with winter either. While I do not see any blockbuster storms anytime soon, the clipper pattern certainly looks to stay active all March long to me with some breaks as you would expect, but overall nina springs are not very nice for the northern 2/3 of the country usually. Yeah JB get's an F score from me. Oh and by the way the sun's angle on Feb 10th is the same angle it's at on Halloween.popcorn.gif

He says that the cold shifts to the west coast from the -PNA pattern and then becomes cold northern plans to New England, Warm Texas to the SE coast and a battle zone in the middle.

He says that the cold shifts to the west coast from the -PNA pattern and then becomes cold northern plans to New England, Warm Texas to the SE coast and a battle zone in the middle.

It makes sense as typically in nina springs the cold likes to hang tough across the northern third and the south turns the corner warmth wise. I would say I-70 and north is where the sub tropical jet will wiggle and that is where the clash of seasons will take place. Also it does appear around the next 11-15 days that a rather strong block may try to take hold and that leads me to think that the east coast may see more big storms come March. I'm going to enjoy the thaw personally and bask in as much sunshine I can get.

JB is saying that winter is largely over in the east after Vaentine's Day, or at least that the "back of winter is broken". He says that it might try and move back into the Great Lakes and northern New England but that, for the most part, it's done after the 14th. Any thoughts about this from anyone else? But out the shades later this month, or the snow blowers?

This is why it's hilarious that people listen to him. If in the middle of July, after a few 100 degree days I told you all that the worst of summer as past nobody would bat an eye. Why? Because it's true- you past the hottest part of the year and meto. says it starts to get cooler. Saying "winter's back is broken" after valentines day isn't exaclty some magical prediction. There are only two weeks left in met. winter and only like 1 left in what most people consider winter. I think we all agree by mid-march most people say it's spring. Does that mean there will not be cold snaps and snow? No. Just like it in my example it doesn't mean that you will not get a blazin hot day in August or September.

All JB's comments do is fan the fires of hype. Waste of time to read.

Winter's over. Well DUH ...it's late Feb. Winter's supposed to over.

This is why it's hilarious that people listen to him. If in the middle of July, after a few 100 degree days I told you all that the worst of summer as past nobody would bat an eye. Why? Because it's true- you past the hottest part of the year and meto. says it starts to get cooler. Saying "winter's back is broken" after valentines day isn't exaclty some magical prediction. There are only two weeks left in met. winter and only like 1 left in what most people consider winter. I think we all agree by mid-march most people say it's spring. Does that mean there will not be cold snaps and snow? No. Just like it in my example it doesn't mean that you will not get a blazin hot day in August or September.

All JB's comments do is fan the fires of hype. Waste of time to read.

Winter's over. Well DUH ...it's late Feb. Winter's supposed to over.

While you're correct that met winter only has two and a half weeks left, wintry weather can still occur for large parts of the country through mid-March. We've had winters where we've had a ton of cold and snow after Valentine's day. So, I don't think it's an unreasonable prediction to make at this time. Now, if we were sitting here on March 15, and JB makes that prediction then, well, I would agree with you. :)

If im reading the models correctly, JB may be in trouble with saying winter is over after the 15th because I see below normal temps on the models

You're in the northern third of the country. Also, his prediction doesn't mean that there will be no cold anywhere in the country during the next four weeks.

While you're correct that met winter only has two and a half weeks left, wintry weather can still occur for large parts of the country through mid-March. We've had winters where we've had a ton of cold and snow after Valentine's day. So, I don't think it's an unreasonable prediction to make at this time. Now, if we were sitting here on March 15, and JB makes that prediction then, well, I would agree with you. :)

Its not unusual to see snow banks in shady areas here in early june,..so I say that winter is FAR FAR from over!! (Gotta change my avatar,.. NEK VT)

Archived