• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How quickly we have forgotten Snowmageddon

phlwx

People in northern zones wants to forget about this lol. Congrats to everyone who got hit hard by this a year ago.

The Dec. 19 storm was good and not great here, so luckily I got the Feb storms. The only time I remember thundersnow was this past storm, but that Feb storm was better in everything else - duration, amounts, wind.

The Dec. 19 storm was good and not great here, so luckily I got the Feb storms. The only time I remember thundersnow was this past storm, but that Feb storm was better in everything else - duration, amounts, wind.

12/19 was a bit of a screwjob for our backyards...we got snowholed on the front end.

This was a very good storm -- not as good as 2/9-10 in terms of #'s (I got 17 on 2/5, 22.5 in 2/9) but this was the first storm of an epic three storm run for us in February (we got fringed with snowicane at month's end)

the snow hit a wall over philly fri night, and then the meso band set up to my southeast sat morning. 14.2" IMBY. 28.5" at the airport.

i mean it could be worse (NYC) but still quite a screwjob, with many mets calling 20-30" that night. I remember Chester County having 7" before I had my first flakes, and 12" before I had 2".

the snow hit a wall over philly fri night, and then the meso band set up to my southeast sat morning. 14.2" IMBY. 28.5" at the airport.

i mean it could be worse (NYC) but still quite a screwjob, with many mets calling 20-30" that night. I remember Chester County having 7" before I had my first flakes, and 12" before I had 2".

What an amazing storm that was, the first of 3 major and i mean major storms that month. The most amazing month of snow of my whole entire lifetime.

Snowmageddon month here in NW Chester County....biggest snow month in my life (62.8") and 2nd biggest in recorded Chester County history - behind only February 1899 when 69.8" fell

Here is how the 5 ft 3" of snow accumulated

2/3-4 (3.3")

2/5-6 (18.3")

2/9-10 (26.8")

2/15-16 (1.1")

2/25-26 (13.5")

Feb 5 26.5"

Feb 10 - 15 "

Agree with poster above that this was the best week of winter weather in my lifetime. Feb 5 was biggest snowstorm beating Jan 1996 by a couple of inches. We had multiple bands of heavy snow - 21" in 13 hours. After Feb 10 snow depth was over 30". That storm ended with high winds and extensive drifting.

Best week of my life in terms of snow, pretty much ever.....

February 6th:19.0 inches

(10.0 inches remaining on the ground going into February 10th)

February 10th:22.0 inches

Total snowpack: 32 inches on the morning of February 11th :snowman:

Hmmm...considering how close we live, I am surprised you beat me by 3+ inches on both the Feb 5-6 storm and Feb 9-10 storm of last year (I recorded 15.5" on Feb 5-6, 19" on Feb 9-10).

I did enjoy both storms (but Feb 9-10 was better IMBY).

Hmmm...considering how close we live, I am surprised you beat me by 3+ inches on both the Feb 5-6 storm and Feb 9-10 storm of last year (I recorded 15.5" on Feb 5-6, 19" on Feb 9-10).

I did enjoy both storms (but Feb 9-10 was better IMBY).

It is interesting to note what a difference a few miles make. We had 23.4" here in King of Prussia for the 2/5-6 storm, but only 17.7" from the 2/9-10 storm.

In Hatboro we got about 12.8" from this, if I remember correctly, while the PHL airport recorded almost 30" I think. Ridiculous gradient. The storm a few days later was better IMBY, dropping 7" before the weird lull in the morning and then another 16" after, total of 23.1", although I don't know if you would consider that one or two storms.

Archived