joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do you know its moles? Im just curious, do you see tunnels or areas just dug up?

Well, after the good winter of '10, when the snow melted, i could see their tunnels. Which explained why a cat was hanging around outside that winter as well. The dog caught one too. Plus you can see the holes in the ground

I bet you have a vole problem (I have the same problem). Do the tunnels look like this after snow melt? Do you have holes around the exterior of the house?

I use baited traps and set them near the holes and along the foundation. Now I have them inh my basement so I have a trap set there as well.

post-240-0-09063200-1349359034_thumb.jpg

I bet you have a vole problem (I have the same problem). Do the tunnels look like this after snow melt? Do you have holes around the exterior of the house?

I use baited traps and set them near the holes and along the foundation. Now I have them inh my basement so I have a trap set there as well.

i had that, not as bad, after snow melt when we had all that february snow a few years ago then after mid march melt off i saw the tracks.

mole killer worked for me.

grass is loving this fall.

so lush and green :)

Yep, thats it. those lil Bastards!!!

What kind of baited traps, like a mouse trap?

Yep, thats it. those lil Bastards!!!

What kind of baited traps, like a mouse trap?

Yeah, a mouse trap with peanut butter.

Let me find the one I use and get back to you. I found it at ACE Hardware. Going to pick up a few more tonight, but they are reusable and work great. I just need more than one :(

So my husband has requested that I reach out for some advice on our lawn. We have probably about 85% broad leaf weeds and 5% grass and 5% dirt/clover/other. (This is purely an estimation on my part :whistle: ) Our question is this: in what order should we do everything? And what time of year should we do each step? ie: should we get rid of the weeds first and then plant grass seeds? Here are a couple of pictures to help: (these were taken prior to moving in so the swing set and picnic table are no longer there!) Oh and a little humor from my husband...he doesn't care what we put in the yard as long as its green, weeds and all haha

post-5452-0-21730400-1349704507_thumb.jp

post-5452-0-52097000-1349704512_thumb.jp

So my husband has requested that I reach out for some advice on our lawn. We have probably about 85% broad leaf weeds and 5% grass and 5% dirt/clover/other. (This is purely an estimation on my part :whistle: ) Our question is this: in what order should we do everything? And what time of year should we do each step? ie: should we get rid of the weeds first and then plant grass seeds? Here are a couple of pictures to help: (these were taken prior to moving in so the swing set and picnic table are no longer there!) Oh and a little humor from my husband...he doesn't care what we put in the yard as long as its green, weeds and all haha

You should do a broadleaf control now so that it reduces them come spring. Tombo can probably give you better info, but go with the broadleaf control now then fert/crab grass preventer in spring, then probabl;y another broadleaf control mid summer next year. Then ,come next fall, do some major reseeding.

when i get home i'll give you my advice on what i would do.

Big thanks to both of you! Especially since it gives hubby something to do haha

You should do a broadleaf control now so that it reduces them come spring. Tombo can probably give you better info, but go with the broadleaf control now then fert/crab grass preventer in spring, then probabl;y another broadleaf control mid summer next year. Then ,come next fall, do some major reseeding.

when i get home i'll give you my advice on what i would do.

Archived