joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. that brings up an interesting rules interupretation - normally you are allowed to drop out of the water in the bunker no closer to the hole in the bunker. But what do you do if it is full to the brim? Also I have seen people lose their ball in a water filled bunker - stroke and distance?

I would think its unfair to have stroke and distance penalty, but then again I'm not up on all of the rules.

Anyone interested in trying to get a golf get together sometime this spring?

If its on the weekend, I can't in the spring. Better chance in the summer. I shift work (captain obvious) so I should be the last person on the list to decide the day. There are about a half dozen regular golfers in the office that might be interested (although its impossible to get us all out at the same time).

If its on the weekend, I can't in the spring. Better chance in the summer. I shift work (captain obvious) so I should be the last person on the list to decide the day. There are about a half dozen regular golfers in the office that might be interested (although its impossible to get us all out at the same time).

Just make your weekly forecasts +5 above climo and give everyone the day off! Lol.

I guess I'll make a poll later today and start from there.

The course I play at has been cart path only most of the winter... we usually walk anyway to help stay warm. But a lot of the guys have been complaining that the greens haven't been cut or rolled, or the fact that the pins are only moved once a week. Its comical in the sense this time last year golf courses were snow covered or frozed solid.

we don't have that luxury of cart paths throughout the whole course, membership doesn't want it. We just had to cut and roll everything because the membership was complaining. We havent changed the cups in awhile, that will be next.

i would be down for a saturday, if you can make it im there.

I'll look at the poll thread later. Saturdays in mid June would probably work the best for me. Looking at our planning schedule Lee, Greg, Walt and Scott off the top of my head would also be off. It could be a course in PA (Greg would like that). I do have some weekday flexibility also, so it doesn't have to be on a Saturday.

I'll look at the poll thread later. Saturdays in mid June would probably work the best for me. Looking at our planning schedule Lee, Greg, Walt and Scott off the top of my head would also be off. It could be a course in PA (Greg would like that). I do have some weekday flexibility also, so it doesn't have to be on a Saturday.

we could do a jersey course, that's close to philly area. I'm down for whatever.

Yeah. that brings up an interesting rules interupretation - normally you are allowed to drop out of the water in the bunker no closer to the hole in the bunker. But what do you do if it is full to the brim? Also I have seen people lose their ball in a water filled bunker - stroke and distance?

no, nearest point of full relief. You could drop out of the bunker if that is the nearest point (if the bunker is completely full).

If you can pull off down the street at "you know where", I'm in..;-)

I'm hoping they keep their Tuesday $60 specials this year. The one good thing about Deerwood is its not busy and we can take all day without being accosted by rangers. The downside (I'm assuming) is that their Buds are $7 each.

no no no, I was talking about the "other" place. Fantazising. PV.

$7 Buds is criminal.

no, nearest point of full relief. You could drop out of the bunker if that is the nearest point (if the bunker is completely full).

First option we use is to drop in another bunker if there is one that is the same distance from the hole (we actually place not drop in the bunkers this time of year due to the ball just plugging). If that isn't an option than the bunker is played as ground under repair and moved outside the bunker.

The owners/GMs of the golf courses are happy, but the super's are not as winter golf takes a toll on the course. Also, most greenskeepers only keep a skelton crew on for maintenance projects, which have taken a back seat this winter.

With this economy and the weather of 2011, I'd say everyone is happy to see the warmer temps and cash in the register. That is if they want to still have a job/golf course in existence.

First option we use is to drop in another bunker if there is one that is the same distance from the hole (we actually place not drop in the bunkers this time of year due to the ball just plugging). If that isn't an option than the bunker is played as ground under repair and moved outside the bunker.

The reality of the situation where a bunker is completely full with no possible drop in the bunker would effectively make it ground under repair. At least in tourney conditions they would. But if not, the rules call for a 1 stroke penalty and drop no nearer the hole outside the bunker. Makes it effectively a water hazard. I was surprised but I guess it makes sense. It is a hazard after all so unless it is deemed as GIR, play it as it lies or take your 1 stroke.

With this economy and the weather of 2011, I'd say everyone is happy to see the warmer temps and cash in the register. That is if they want to still have a job/golf course in existence.

No doubt... except for the some of the private courses.

Archived