• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Looking beyond Feb 5-6th event

Baroclinic Zone

LOL you guys sometimes take this stuff way way too personal, run and hide? Thaw is coming I thawt I thaw a thaw. Prepare for the rebound.

well i'm half joking. but, with respect to taking things personal, people want opinions but then get weird about it if said opinion is not what they wanted to hear. it's not a big deal, obviously.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It blows up big time right as its getting to out latitude....eastern areas get some really good qpf, but might have to deal with ptype issues early on. But all of SNE is easily over a half inch from it with 0.75"-1.00" for eastern areas.

Yeah I like the trends for that, today. Certainly offsets the 12z disaster for tomorrow.

It blows up big time right as its getting to out latitude....eastern areas get some really good qpf, but might have to deal with ptype issues early on. But all of SNE is easily over a half inch from it with 0.75"-1.00" for eastern areas.

Pretty impressive looking on both the ggem and euro. That thing just digs a hole once it is east of the cape.

At what hour does the Euro crash 850 temps along the coast? 96h looks warm for SE MA.

it is warm at the start but somewhere right around 98 to 100 hours it seems as this thing bombs they crash out into the atlantic...with quite a good amount of QPF falling in that general time frame. better in E MA than say MBY most likely.

an interesting event. huge temp drop too.

Here comes the torch at the end of the Euro run.

Well maybe torch is a bad word...but definitely the whole CONUS is warming up there with the Pacific air flooding the country. Still a lot of cold in Canada though so once pattern allows more meridional flow again it would cool off quickly.

Here comes the torch at the end of the Euro run.

Well maybe torch is a bad word...but definitely the whole CONUS is warming up there with the Pacific air flooding the country. Still a lot of cold in Canada though so once pattern allows more meridional flow again it would cool off quickly.

is this a zonal torch or a big trough out west + east coast ridge torch?

it is warm at the start but somewhere right around 98 to 100 hours it seems as this thing bombs they crash out into the atlantic...with quite a good amount of QPF falling in that general time frame. better in E MA than say MBY most likely.

an interesting event. huge temp drop too.

Kewl. I like seeing this one sneak up on us even though the signal has been there.

Thanks Will, too.

PV migrates E a bit on the Euro at the end and tries to keep New England cooler than the rest...still a bit above avg but not a torch. But the pattern looks kind of ugly for the several days beyond that...however it might not be as bad as meets the eye if that PV can lurk in far E Canada and kind of filter a bit of cooler air down.

Archived