• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Eastern PA , Northern NJ, and Southeastern New York ice storm documentation thread

Voyager

Pictures...lost power for about 5 hours.

K1fRV.jpg

aYjID.jpg

F1pYv.jpg

WPp9i.jpg

Q4pQB.jpg

Wow. We had some tree damage because of the snow last week, but luckily the snow seems to have shaken off many of the vulnerable trees here, or else there would have been much more damage today. Early this morning at around 530-6AM we had a solid 1/3 inch of ice or more. Streets and walks were horrendous as well. The LIRR= :axe:

I didn't know you were taking classes at Rutgers.

I know your post wasn't addressed to me, but I actually live on Cook, and have 2 classes at Loree.

OT, but I spent countless hours in Loree... didn't have a computer when I was in school so Loree was like my second home :wub:

These pics are awesome.

We had some ice around, but for some reason our trees looked fine.

Maybe the freezing level in my neighborhood was literally 2m.

Ground was hard to walk on. Had a glaze on patio furniture, cars and garbage cans, but not trees.

Most of Queens looked like they had a glaze on trees this morning. It was probably quite localized around the city. My trees were very glazed and the ground was a sheet of ice, but effects became much more uniform out here. The precip moving in so early and over night contributed to the icing a lot.

I didn't know you were taking classes at Rutgers.

I know your post wasn't addressed to me, but I actually live on Cook, and have 2 classes at Loree.

I just started taking classes here this semester.

Unfortunately I'm commuting 1 hour each way and I don't get to spend as much time as I would like down there.

So far my first 2weeks have been nothing short of a disaster. :axe:

I just started taking classes here this semester.

Unfortunately I'm commuting 1 hour each way and I don't get to spend as much time as I would like down there.

So far my first 2weeks have been nothing short of a disaster. :axe:

Yikes!! That stinks. I live JUST off campus off of Cook/Douglass.

Hello, Ray - Nice pics of Trenton area. Any pics of your lil' redwood? How is it doing these days? I've been thinking of it.

Jim -

No pics today... got a few yesterday though. It was buried in the snow until Monday... I had my brother dig it out since I figured it would probably be better on the top side of the glacier than underneath a solid ice pack. Its looking a bit beat up after being buried in snow for 5 days but still seems to be intact.

No pics today... got a few yesterday though. It was buried in the snow until Monday... I had my brother dig it out since I figured it would probably be better on the top side of the glacier than underneath a solid ice pack. Its looking a bit beat up after being buried in snow for 5 days but still seems to be intact.

clap.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

great pics everyone. I was stuck at work from like 7:30 to 5:30, so I couldn't get any pictures during daylight hours. everything was iced up when I left, but temps at the airport hit 34F. if it's still icy in parts of town in the AM, I might try to get some pics.

Archived